Thread: Silverado EV

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Until it can tow over 100 miles it’s worthless to me
    the link showed it could tow 9000lbs 180ish miles (up hills and whatnot) with 30% battery life remaining. Not too bad.

For me if they can figure out how to charge EVs faster than 10-15min for full charge then I’d really be interested in buying one. I just don’t think the power supply can handle the demand right now.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    the link showed it could tow 9000lbs 180ish miles (up hills and whatnot) with 30% battery life remaining. Not too bad.

For me if they can figure out how to charge EVs faster than 10-15min for full charge then I’d really be interested in buying one. I just don’t think the power supply can handle the demand right now.
    Very true, I read somewhere that a 10 vehicle supercharger station could potentially draw as much as a Walmart.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Until it can tow over 100 miles it’s worthless to me
    The test in the link provided had them towing 9,000lbs in hilly terrain for 182 miles with 30% battery left. That would end up giving you about a 250 mile max range on a full charge given the conditions they towed it in. That's pretty damn good in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    The test in the link provided had them towing 9,000lbs in hilly terrain for 182 miles with 30% battery left. That would end up giving you about a 250 mile max range on a full charge given the conditions they towed it in. That's pretty damn good in my book.
    Yeah that’s not bad. It’s not for everyone but those numbers would work for a lot of people.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Yeah that’s not bad. It’s not for everyone but those numbers would work for a lot of people.
    Agreed. Charging on long haul trips wouldn't be as convenient obviously, but day to day would be great.

6. Member
    Real world tests. Every ev truck struggling to tow over 100 miles

7. Member
    What’s the suggested retail? Hopefully it will be under a 120 grand.

8. Member
    That is actually pretty decent but still not enough to get this old fart to pony up for one.

9. Member
    Its going to be very expensive, hook up a 10,000 lb trailer or even your own boat with a "full charge" and see how far it get you, at least you won't have to worry about the lifter issue or transmission issue. How about the future issue with their 4 wheel steering ? Your current president says "DON'T", I would take his advice !

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    Your current president says "DON'T", I would take his advice !
    He says all kinds incoherent shit that makes 0 sense literally every day. He keeps the meme generators busy though. The amount I've seen in the last week involving cannibals is mind blowing.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    . How about the future issue with their 4 wheel steering ?
    LOL. We all know how well 4 wheel steering worked the last time they put it on a Silverado. I expect this one to be no different.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MI bassassassin View Post
    I have to admit that’s significantly better than I expected.
    Its still a significant amount of energy consumed. To put it in perspective it consumed about 23kwh to go 180 miles. My RV has approximately 23kwh of battery and if i ran off my inverters and shut off my solar 23kwh would run me for about two days.

It interesting
    That they went with a completly different body
    It's 4" narrower then the Current pickup, And use's very little of the ICE truck
    That's a new weld line for cab and box plus the stamping. It added 1-2 million in Capitol costs
    Just don't see why?

14. Member
    How does the back of the cab work when they want to extend the bed. Is the whole cab open in the back then ?

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    They haven't figured out exterior lighting yet but took a stab at an EV huh ? Bless their hearts ....

It's how you know a GM product is coming at you from a distance.
    Who controls John Gill?

Looks like a Honda Ridgeline. Probably about as capable as one too.
    Hertz is selling almost all their EV's which is going to flood the market even further with these useless things.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Avanti View Post
    How does the back of the cab work when they want to extend the bed. Is the whole cab open in the back then ?
    In my Avalanche it is open from the tailgate to the back of the front seats, the back seat folds down and makes the floor level. If you leave the back glass in and do not remove it also,it is enclosed with the three hard bed cover panels in place. The rear glass is very easy to remove and open up the whole truck if needed.

18. Member
    I thought the Ridgeline and others were downsized copies of the Avalanche with out all the features!

182 miles towing 9,000 lbs with 30% battery left would imply a 260 mile towing range. I'd guess towing a 5,000 bass boat should have a range of 320 maybe. That would be doable for all my day trip lakes. Still be a PITA on a trip to probably having to unhook the boat to access a charger on a longer trip, and waiting for the charge.
    I'm interested to see some #s on the new Ram EV/gas truck.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    Its still a significant amount of energy consumed. To put it in perspective it consumed about 23kwh to go 180 miles. My RV has approximately 23kwh of battery and if i ran off my inverters and shut off my solar 23kwh would run me for about two days.
    That's equal to like 2/3 of a gallon of gasoline.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast