Bass Cat Owners Invitational - Day one

312 Boats from across 24 states
    Cole Lamb and Matthew Higby are on top with 14.94 pounds
    Day Two today

https://basscat.com/events-list/37th-bass-cat-owners-invitational/

Awesome

3. Member
    You guys b careful and have a blast.

If you guys want to see some great photography and awesome drone footage of the event, check out the Bass Cat Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/BassCatBoats?mibextid=LQQJ4d
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Great pictures.

6. Member

7. Member
    Some day I will fish it. Having Cat’s for over 23 years feel like I am missing something. Maybe next year! Everyone be safe and enjoy.

8. Member
    What's the oldest boat fishing it?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    Some day I will fish it. Having Cat’s for over 23 years feel like I am missing something. Maybe next year! Everyone be safe and enjoy.
    Do it! I fished them when we had a Cat and miss that event. The city of Mt Home really rolled out the carpet.

I noted Mike’s jersey hanging in the stage…class act Cat.

Roughly a 1973 model and there are two we believe. One boat is a one owner by the father and older son. The son is fishing with the boat and his age is upper 60’s. His father is mid 90’s and still fishing, though doesn’t compete. There is another 1978 model 1600 Vee that is the original one ownership. It’s pretty cool to see those era products still plugging along.

They also had Ron’s first 1971 Deluxe Tournament Model boat on display at registration. Of course we have shown that at the Bassmaster Classic and RedCrest.

The images are pretty nice so do take time to visit the Bass Cat Boats Facebook site.

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    What's the oldest boat fishing it?

Yes, they have two of Mikes jerseys on display. It was nice of Sherry to send those over.
    Gonna’ miss him…

BCB

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I noted Mike’s jersey hanging in the stage…class act Cat.

12. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

I so wish I could have made it this year. Mike was taken from us much too soon.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

14. Member
    Just curious, where do you find parking for all those trailers and places for boats to weigh in? Only asking since up here in NY, you don't find tournaments that large.

Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Just curious, where do you find parking for all those trailers and places for boats to weigh in? Only asking since up here in NY, you don't find tournaments that large.
    Launch anywhere on the lake, but check in at one location. There were four flights of anglers this year, so the take off and weigh in were staggered. We were flight one on first day and flight four on second. No issues with crowding as a lot of teams were leaving weigh in as we were arriving. Very well run event.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    Launch anywhere on the lake, but check in at one location. There were four flights of anglers this year, so the take off and weigh in were staggered. We were flight one on first day and flight four on second. No issues with crowding as a lot of teams were leaving weigh in as we were arriving. Very well run event.
    Thats pretty awesome, would love to see the choreography in that. I'm thinking many would have to get there in the dark. The blast off with four flights must take a while as well. How exactly do they keep flights separate with a common take off area? I know for many that are used to T's that size it's pretty common, but never seeing something that large stay organized, really interests me.

17. Member
    If you get a chance to fish it, go for it. It’s a great event, no pressure, just fun. It’s a well run event, and every one treats you well. I just can’t say enough good about it, I miss going.

We only did well in it one time, or rather put ourselves in a position to. We pulled in a small cove, and I mean small. We caught one largemouth over 15 inches, then stuck it out and put 4 more like it in the boat. All was well, we were 1/2 there, headed to weigh in, we could see the weigh in site, and the engine RPMs shot up, yep, spun hub. The clock ran out on us, never made it to the weigh in site.

Crap happens, but a few years prior, the same thing happened, but some one stopped and we weighed in with the penalty. That hurt, we had a dandy sack that day. That’s a story for another day.

They should be due to come closer to me, hopefully next year, and I'll fish it. I'd probably be much better off boating around looking for their rubber ducks or trying to catch a trash fish, than fishing the tournament. I assume they still do that, IDK.

19. Member
    One day I hope to fish it!! I've owned a Cat since 1989 and my current 2013(only 2 boats) during the years of ownership. This alone speaks of quality! I'm a crappie fisherman! I would only be donating for the cause!! But to experience the tournament I think would be worth the cost!! Hopefully one day I can experience the "Feel the Rush" of the owners tourney ".!
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

20. Member
    I fished the one during covid (2020). Awesome event!! If it comes closer, I will attend!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast