Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I have won my flight in club golf tournaments several times. Most memorable was my last day as a member of previous club and birdied the last two holes to win by one stroke.

National Championships of Coed Softball. We were out after two games, but we got there.

Reloaded shotgun shells at age of 10 in 1966 when my Dad won the State Championship Trap Shoot by shooting 100 out of 100. He was one of the 10 best shooters in America that year. He never competed again after that one and only year-going from Class D to class AA in short order.

Won state baseball championship at age of 13 in the 13/14 class. I was the only 13 year old and was a pick up to the contender team. Filled in at 3rd, short, pitch and catch. Became the starting catcher when I broke his catching hand with a pitch warming up. Played catcher the rest of the season.

Got out of sports in college as 6' 185 was too small for D1 football and wasn't going to put money in the bank for me. I gave up baseball at age 15 due to burnout. It was my best sport and should have stayed in it. Pro baseball in 1971 wasn't paying a lot of money and neither was pro golf.

I have enjoyed softball, bowling and golf with my wife who is very athletic.
    I have also enjoyed hunting and fishing with my grandsons that has brought me a lot of joy. Probably my biggest sports win!

2. Member
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Never lost a duel meet match in HS Wrestling. Lead in goals and assists Jr and Sr. Year College Lacrosse.
    That’s serious jock stuff there.

4. Member
    Not falling in the water the last 3 years.

5. Member
    All State HS baseball and All Conference in college. 18 year old club baseball team made it to American Legion World Series when it was a real World Series. Final 8 out of 5,000 teams. And last week shot my best round of golf of my life in a tournament- 68. Very proud of that.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

7. Member
    Not much. Lots of coulda, shoulda, woulda.

2 undefeated JV football seasons, made state semis for class D football (lost to Onondaga and Latavius Murray who is now playing for the Buffalo Bills)

competed in every track event except for the jumping events because our team was so small. Got close to the school record in all relay events. Still qualified for state sectionals in the 4x1, 4x4, 4x8, 800, and 1 mile. then was offered an Athletic grant for D3 college track.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Beat the perennial lax powerhouse in high school (goalie).

Also scored 4 touchdowns in one game, look it up Polk High.

9. Member
    1968 while in middle school I beat a blind kid in a wrestling match!!!

10. Member
    In 1957- 1958 I was scramble track racing on a modified 650cc Triumph motorcycle in the Rio Grande Valley (south Texas). I held the 1st place record until going to the Navy. Also race flat track on a modified 700cc Norton motorcycle having a few wins on that track also.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

Quote Originally Posted by mflora98ss View Post
    Oh yeah, the same closet queen who liked snapping wet towels on his buddies bare asses in the locker room. Can also quote "Top Gun" line for line
    Ranting incoherently

12. Member
    BOA (Bands of America) summer national's grand champion as a class 2AA band going up against many 3/4/5A bands that were much larger. Won all the categories in our class, best part was best overall percussion.

3rd place in state my junior year of HS baseball, a small unranked bunch of farm kids that wasn't expected to make the playoffs.

13. Member
    In middle school football, 6th grade, we were getting absolutely hammered by the other team. 60-0. Near the End of 3rd quarter the head coach pulls all the 6th graders to the side and says “show me you want to play every game”. I went in on defense playing safety. I made every tackle the rest of the game that made it past the line of scrimmage. The next Monday at practice, I had the starting job. Skip to the next game, coach called a safety blitzf first play of the game, I timed the snap just perfect and tackled the QB and RB as they were making the handoff. That play will always stick with me.

I’m a little guy so football never got me anywhere except pain all over.

14. Member
    Bought new fiberglass racing canoe, still have it. Not USCA sanctioned races, just yearly races here and there, racing canoe division.

This canoes been down Buffalo R, Current R, Mulberry R, Elk R, Spring R, etc.

2nd place in 11-mile race
    1st place in 11-mile race 4-years later

?? place on 4-mile race on another river (several years)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tj; 04-28-2024 at 02:15 PM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

15. Member
    Won several mini tour events in golf, played a couple PGA events, but married a High School state champion basketball ball player, best move I ever made in my life, I've beat her a horse 5 times

16. Member
    Five time Indiana Golden Gloves Heavyweight Champion. Had pro fight cancelled with George Foreman, but got to do an exhibition with him before he fought Holyfield.
    Rad Brewer

I sucked at everything in sports, but I tried. Track, always fast enough to finish 4th. Cross country running, best finish 4th. Wrestling, best finish 4th. Always just out of the medals. Baseball, fast in the outfield, sucked at hitting. I wish I had tried out for football in high school, my only regret. Motocross, 16 years, the only sport I really loved and worked at the hardest, I was rated 8th in Ontario at one time ........ at the junior level. That sport took a terrible toll on my body that I am paying for now. I was the guy you always wanted to compete against.

18. Member
    Made my Little league all-star team in 1970...won a bowling tournament in the early 80s for $1000...and on the fishing side I did make the All-American in 2004.

A second place participation trophy.
    2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

Bow killed bull elk.
    Ranger Forever

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast