Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I pitched 4 no hitters in a row my senior year of High School. I had a college scholarship, but my elbow said no. I was a decent boxer, winning more than I lost. I'm also a multi time NHRA and IHRA National Event winner (drag racing) as well as winning many high dollar bracket races over the years.

A two way starter on my high school football team that was our school's only undefeated and untied team in school history. Went 13-0 and won the PA Eastern Conference Championship. We were huge underdogs in the semifinal, and dominated the game..then blew out our opponent in the final. This was a few years before full state championships got going in PA. Had string of 25 consecutive wins spanning 3 years.
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

3. Member
    300 game in bowling...twice
    Other than that nothin lol

Ok ok...i got a silver medal in the PA state winter games in skiing...2nd place was lame imo lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

4. Member
    289 bowling. Was 12-13 maybe. Blew the last frame.
    Forth and a Second in paintball world championship. The team won 30k with second
    several little league championships. Was a starter every game
    Last edited by mactlman; 04-27-2024 at 06:15 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    The common theme I get from this with a few exceptions is that like me, most BBC members sux at sports. The Jocks on here are the ones that come in first in almost every tournament. They have the endurance to fish effectively past 10 am .

6. Member
    Tied HS track 100yd. record. Won Chrysler/Plymouth trouble shooting contest for Ky. IHMSA state champ. for .22 Revolver class. Several class wins in tri-state area drag racing.(before this bracket thing)

7. Member
    Two hole in ones witness to both! Yes golf!
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

Does having dinner with George Foreman count
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Batted third for awhile on a state tournament qualifying baseball team my senior year in high school. Played youth hockey with an NHLer.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Only if he prepared the meal on one of his grills.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Only if you did the
    cooking on his grill.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Ok I n obviously didn't read all the replies.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

13. Member
    Back in my very early 20's, played in a best ball golf tourney with 3 other random guys (random draw event). I was the #4 player and had the highest handicap so I got a stroke on several of the holes and managed to contribute for the team score. Made a natural eagle on a par 5 for a net score of 2. Helped us tie for the lowest round of the tourney.

14. Member
    Pretty athletic kid growing up. I was a little guy all through school and played some football and baseball in middle school. just didnt really get into the whole sports thing in high school. Spent most my time hunting, fishing and riding motorcycles. My father had a attic full of flat track trophies, so I was always running around on some kind of bike. When I got a little older I started to race sport bikes. Won a couple local roadraces. After wife and kids I got back into archery and won a bunch of local 3-D archery shoots. I have been all over the country shooting 3D archery. Just never won the big one. Had a mentor of mine win a bunch of national 3D tournaments while we shot together. Dont fish many tournaments, so never won one. Pretty good at lots of things, just not great at any of them.

Coached my daughters softball team to an 11u USSSA National Championship in Des Moines, Iowa. There was about 70 of the top teams from the midwest. Double elimination tournament. We lost our last game on Saturday night and started at 8am on Sunday morning. The girls ran off six games in a row beating some very talented teams. The girls are now getting to the age of where they will be able to commit to colleges on Sept 1st. I am going to guess that 6 of the girls from that team will be Division 1 softball players.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

16. Member
    My freshman year of HS i played goalie on the varsity soccer team. I went 12-0 with no goals scored against me the entire season. The coach decided to pull me at half time when were up 3-0 so her son could play goal in the last half of the state championship game. He gave up 5 goals and we lost, the entire team was pissed.

I never played in HS again, i refused to play for that coach again as did a lot of my teammates.

17. Member
    Bowled two 300 games (21 years apart). Won a bowling tournament with about 600 entrants. Won free trips to Jamaica and Cancun in song writing contests with two different radio stations. (13 years apart)

18. Member
    Baseball sophomore year of high school I got a rare start as I was typically a relief guy, lefty with a lot of good offspeed stuff. 7 inning game, I struck out 17. Last batter I faced was in the seventh, and on the second pitch my elbow let go. I just looked at the coach and he knew I was done. This was in the 80s so high school kids didn't get Tommy John surgery, that was the end of my baseball career. It was an awesome way to end it.

In golf I have one hole in one and two double eagles. Hole in one was super cool as I could see it the whole way. Landed ball about 10 feet past the pin with a lot of spin and drew it right back into the hole. The double eagles were both very long three wood shots that we never saw go in. Just got up to the green and looking for the ball and it was in the hole.

I was selected to be part of what was pretty much a select kick boxing team similar to what you see with travel baseball etc. They invited me to tryout based on recommendations from where I was taking karate.
    Since I was in HS I couldn't compete on the pro side but did good on the amateur side. The team ended up producing a couple of professional world champions which was cool. There was no money in it really so I never pursued it on a professional level.

Other than fishing, not much. I wasn't athletic as a kid. I did shoot a par round in golf league on evening and was captain of a 4 man team that won our league championship that year.

I was always a good shot with a rifle. (I can't hit my ass with both hands with a pistol!) During a Boy Scout shooting competition at a local National Guard Armory, the troop leader had a special challenge. He put a dime at the end of the range (not sure of the distance) and we each got one shot with a .22 with a peep sight to hit it and win a good prize. I hit it with ease. I still have that dime and it's a pure silver one!

I don't enter many poker tournaments, as I prefer playing cash games. But, I made the final table in two tournaments one year, including a WSOP qualifying event that had over 200 entries and where first place paid $10K.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast