Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Qualifying for the Boston marathon in the first marathon I ever ran at age 48 and qualifying again at 56.

2. Member
    Caught all nine of the world’s billfish. Just wrapped it up two weeks ago with a spearfish in kona, Hawaii. 40 lb spearfish was the smallest of the nine. 800 lb black Marlin in panama was the largest.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbach View Post
    Caught all nine of the world’s billfish. Just wrapped it up two weeks ago with a spearfish in kona, Hawaii. 40 lb spearfish was the smallest of the nine. 800 lb black Marlin in panama was the largest.
    Nice!

4. Member
    Undefeated my junior year in high school football, 10-0 regular season. We got killed in the first game of the playoffs. That was 1973 and I played linebacker and guard.
    Ran the Honolulu Marathon in 1982.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    Bought new racing canoe, still have it. This canoes been down Buffalo R, Current R, Mulberry R, Elk R, Spring R, etc.
    (racing canoe division; not USCA sanctioned races, just yearly races here and there)

2nd place in 11-mile race
    1st place in 11-mile race 4-years later

?? place on 4-mile race on another river (several years)

Those are some beautiful rivers you mentioned. Have you thought about doing some more races? There are some good races in Missouri on the Missouri River during the summer think there is still a three day stage race on the White River that finishes at Cotter.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottSecs View Post
    All-ACC QB and MVP of the 1987 All American Bowl in Birmingham. Played 6 years in the NFL and actually started several game for the Patriots during my final season…. Was lucky to play for three HOF coaches - Landry, Shula & Parcells. A long time ago…
    This guy has everyone else beat. I am sure you can tell some stories!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB123 View Post
    This guy has everyone else beat. I am sure you can tell some stories!

Thats the beauty of BBC. Assume you are in great company every time you sign in.

8. Member
    3 Hole in 1s and
    I bet I'm the only person you'll ever know that was hit by a Winston Cup Nascar!!!!!

9. Member
    Playing in my High School football game my senior year, I jumped on a fumble by the other team in their end zone for a touchdown and the winning score for the sectional championship. I was a big dumb lineman so I think that was the only time I ever got to touch the ball in four years of playing football.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by old373guy View Post
    Playing in my High School football game my senior year, I jumped on a fumble by the other team in their end zone for a touchdown and the winning score for the sectional championship. I was a big dumb lineman so I think that was the only time I ever got to touch the ball in four years of playing football.
    When finally getting a chance to touch the ball you made sure it counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenn.todd View Post
    3 Hole in 1s and
    I bet I'm the only person you'll ever know that was hit by a Winston Cup Nascar!!!!!
    Those golf shots are impressive but want to hear more about being hit by a Cup Car

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Walked uphill to school, both ways. in the snow.

Shot a 62 ------------------------on the front nine, went to hell on the back 9.

13. Member
    Lots of accolades playing hockey all my life, best 2 are winning back to back beer league championships

All-ACC QB and MVP of the 1987 All American Bowl in Birmingham. Played 6 years in the NFL and actually started several game for the Patriots during my final season…. Was lucky to play for three HOF coaches - Landry, Shula & Parcells. A long time ago…
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Have you thought about doing some more races?
    My vintage fiberglass C2 Pro boat weighs 67 lbs, while some 2023 C2 Pro boats weigh 29-31 lbs. Less weight and newer hull designs would be a real advantage for the majority of teams.

https://www.savageriver.com/canoes/jd-pro-2

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tj; 05-03-2024 at 09:39 AM.
    Champion 184
    Mercury 175 EFI

16. Member
    Did a cheerleader, well she wore the outfit and I married her 35 years ago!!!
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

17. Member
    Bought a bag of Senko's

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    Did a cheerleader, well she wore the outfit and I married her 35 years ago!!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    Bought new fiberglass racing canoe, still have it. Not USCA sanctioned races, just yearly races here and there, racing canoe division.

This canoes been down Buffalo R, Current R, Mulberry R, Elk R, Spring R, etc.

2nd place in 11-mile race
    1st place in 11-mile race 4-years later

?? place on 4-mile race on another river (several years)
    Could you compete with this fine upstanding "paddleman"??? Reminds me of Richard Dreyfus in "What about Bob" on Lake Winnipesaukee

Scott I think I remember you backing up Bledsoe in the early 90's? You won a game and then got hurt and Bledsoe took over. You played for some great coaches, career cut short by injuries I think. Hope you are doing well.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast