Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    No t at the console. The elite Fs has a male connection and the NMEA cable has a male connection so it won’t connect to the fs.

2. Member
    If you have all of the pieces you need, you'll be up and running in no time.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSteed View Post
    No t at the console. The elite Fs has a male connection and the NMEA cable has a male connection so it won’t connect to the fs.
    You need 2 T's, a power node, a short cable to connect the FS to a T, and an end cap. The power node will need 12 volts, and connect to a T. The end caps (terminating resistors) are male and female. You will need the opposite one from what you have at the bow. It will be easier to get a NMEA starter kit.

A starter kit will have what you need. There will be a long cable in the kit that you can use to extend the network to the stern later if you wish.

4. Member

Elite Fs

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    You will need another cable. The extension cable will connect to an arm of a T, cable from FS to bottom of T, another T connected to FS T to connect power node, terminating resistor to connect to empty arm of power T.

6. Member
    See post #20 and #23

7. Member
    Shouldn’t it connect to the app even without the NMEA set up?

8. Member
    One more thing. Do I have to be connected to the console or can I just connect to the bow graph and the ghost work correctly?

9. Member
    Based on the drawing in post 17, it’s a wonder anything NMEA is working. Peripheral devices can ONLY be connected to the bottom leg of T connectors. Side connecters can ONLY have extension cables, another T, or 120 ohm terminating resistors. You must have a power node connected to a T connector somewhere in the network. To connect a Ghost to two units and a Point 1 at the stern, here is how I would do it……and guarantee it will work, starting at the bow:
    120 ohm terminating resistor
    T connector for Ghost
    T connector for bow HDS unit (2’extension cable)
    15’ extension cable to console
    T connector for power node (connected to 12v power)
    T connector for console HDS (2’ extension cable)
    15’ extension cable to stern
    T for Point 1 (Point 1 direct to bottom of T)
    This is very simple. Make a backbone and peripherals connect into it with a T and extension cable. YouTube videos galore out there. Your network has broken at least two rules, Ghost connected into a top T connector and no power node.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Based on the drawing in post 17, it’s a wonder anything NMEA is working. Peripheral devices can ONLY be connected to the bottom leg of T connectors. Side connecters can ONLY have extension cables, another T, or 120 ohm terminating resistors. You must have a power node connected to a T connector somewhere in the network. To connect a Ghost to two units and a Point 1 at the stern, here is how I would do it……and guarantee it will work, starting at the bow:
    T connector for Ghost
    T connector for bow HDS unit (2’extension cable)
    15’ extension cable to console
    T connector for power node (connected to 12v power)
    T connector for console HDS (2’ extension cable)
    15’ extension cable to stern
    T for Point 1 (Point 1 direct to bottom of T)
    This is very simple. Make a backbone and peripherals connect into it with a T and extension cable. YouTube videos galore out there. Your network has broken at least two rules, Ghost connected into a top T connector and no power node.
    Thank you. I’m going to start over. Good info. I wish I was a tech guy.

11. Member
    One more thing. Do I have to be connected to the console or can I just connect to the bow graph and the ghost work correctly?
    Yes, you can connect the 2 bow devices only. you need another T and power node, and an end cap (terminating resistor).

12. Member
    Maybe this will help, all accessories are connected to T’s, end terminators on both sides.

13. Member
    Perfect!

14. Member
    Well I’ve done everything exactly like the pic above. Still nothing. I connected the power to the accessory thing on the bow. I’m lost

15. Member
    So I finally got it to show up in device list. Tried to update from the FS and it is stuck with all the lights on the foot pedal flashing and will not turn off. I’m going to drink.

16. Member
    I finally got it all working. Thanks to all you guys for your help.

17. Member
    Nice, Thx for the update.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12