LV 34 going nuts and depth changing

What would be the cause of my Lv34 depth going crazy. It will read the depth fine then go nuts.
    For instance if I am in 12ft of water it reads ok for a few minutes, then it will say over 100ft for a bit and then go back to normal.
    It will do this over and over again.
    Fish Bump!

1997 ProCraft 180
    2021 Mercury 150

Quote Originally Posted by jgiljr View Post
    What would be the cause of my Lv34 depth going crazy. It will read the depth fine then go nuts.
    For instance if I am in 12ft of water it reads ok for a few minutes, then it will say over 100ft for a bit and then go back to normal.
    I think alot of people are having issues with new update. Did you do the update?
    2009 Nitro z-7
    2008 EFI 150

3. Member
    The new update made no changes to the LiveScope GLS10 software. The last time it was changed was June 30, 2023 when it went to from v2.63 to v2.74 go allow the selection of the Garmin trolling motor as the LiveScope's heading source.

The biggest issue I see from people contacting me about erratic performance is from poor attention to the mounting. While the transducer may be perfectly mounted in reference to its position on the shaft, very often i see shafts that are not plumb. In fact most boats I see it on have the shaft tilted back. That may not be this posters issue but it is a very common one.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 04-27-2024 at 08:04 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8AnDrEw9 View Post
    I think alot of people are having issues with new update. Did you do the update?

No I did not.
    Fish Bump!

1997 ProCraft 180
    2021 Mercury 150

5. Member
    Mines works great but I use my 2d right beside it for straight down depth my 34 for the straight down how deep is it reads all over the place jumps from the correct depth to double it to triple it then back to the right depth but as far as looking at screen the depth chart on the side is correct just the read out big number that jumps around in which I could just remove it from screen and I'd never know it

6. Member
    I set it back to factory settings then made my adjustments again. It seems to work fine. At least for todays outing.
    Fish Bump!

1997 ProCraft 180
    2021 Mercury 150

Quote Originally Posted by jgiljr View Post
    This LiveScope issue and a similar one included in the thread I copied below have been identified and reproduced by Garmin engineers. Until software is released to correct the issue, a temporary workaround is to leave the LiveScope page, open a traditional sonar page, and then return to the LiveScope page. The Livescope image should then return to normal. If issues reappear, repeat the workaround as needed.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1261754
    Garmin Pro Team

I had the same issue on the water this past weekend - in around 10ft or so and depth reading jumping to over 100ft. Goes back and forth from correct to way off. First time it's happened to my setup (126sv and LVS-34, only had it a few months). No software update since intial install, in fact the only thing I changed recently was I finished setup of Active Captain last week. Not sure why/if that woud have any effect though.

I also had the transducer "up one" click since I was in shallow water, and thought combined with a slightly pos TM Shaft angle that must be why it was having trouble locking on depth. I'm not loosing focus or bottom or anything like that, just the on screen depth reading is jumping around

Oh, also I *might* have had transducer orientation set to auto - I was flipping back and forth from Perspective to Forward that day and got tired of changing the setting, so at some point during they day I just set it for auto - but don't recall exactly when :).

Re the Garmin workaround Todd mentioned - LVS is only transducer attached so I can't do the flip to DS and back. I'll keep an eye on it next time out and see if clicking the ducer back down one click (and getting out of auto) changes anything or if any other issues.