trolling motor switching brands

Hello I currently have a motorguide pro tour YEAH I KNOW . I'm ordering a garmin force my question is their some kind of adaptor plate for alignment so I can use the same holes to mount the trolling motor mount to our triton thank you

2. Member
    I was thinking the holes matched when we put mine on, it was a MG TOUR. I could be wrong, my memory stinks. I do remember it was not an issue. Good luck, it will work out well. I sure like my Force, but that MG was still kicking after over 20 years. Strange thing, the one that came with the boat when bought new lasted about 2.5 years or so. The 2nd I put on had a couple of micro switches and I think 2 cables if my memory is correct. The two motors were identical.

3. Member
    Most of them have the same hole patterns or at least enough holes to match up. I went from Tour Pro, to Fortrex, to Ghost and never had to drill a hole.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Member
    For the most part it should line up. Might have to drill a hole or two. Or you can install a quick release bracket.

i went from a minnkota to a motorguide and the holes lined up. I now have a minnkota maxxum but if this motor ever broke, I’ll be getting a motorguide (non spot lock)
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp