Garmin Force or powerpole move

Looking at buying a new trolling motor for a bass boat I’m fixing up. I’m between a powerpole move and garmin force. I’ve looked through old threads, but it’s easier just to post and get the whole consensus on here. I’m just looking for real world reviews on which ones I’d the better trolling motor with the least amount of problems. I’ve been leaning toward the move for weight savings and sleekness of the design, but I ran a buddies force and liked it. I have no experience with a move which is why I was looking for feedback on this topic.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    In the same boat as you....if can swing the Move I'd go for that but the Force will probably be the one as im set on it.....like anything else, you will comments for/against them.....

Just hope when I do get it they don't release a new one....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    I don't see many Power Pole Moves out there. Wonder why? I see probably more Ultrex and Ghost trolling motors than anything. I had the Force a few years ago and the spot lock was not very accurate but they may have improved upon that.

I am too in the same boat.

I played with both at the classic in Knoxville last year.

I think the Move is a better built unit, but I am not 100% sure it is worth the 1500ish more dollars than the Garmin.

I don't own either but if I had the money to burn I would go with the move

Not only is it built well its lighter and doesn't obstruct your view as much as other brands
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    I just changed from a 4 year old Ultrex to a Move and I am in love. The move is amazing, quiet, strong, much smaller in every way, wireless foot pedal is way better than the thick azz steering cables sleeve, the ability to place the spot lock and course lock buttons wherever I want is better as I can leave the pedal deeper in the tray ( i had raise my Ultrex pedal as it was very hard to hit the spot lock button with it deep in the tray), the remote with charging cradle is awesome as its easy to mount and it charges and its much smaller than my ultrex remote (I have it right on side of my drivers console so I can hit spot lock when dealing with a fish or re tying if I forgot). Only down side has been interference from the motor to my mega 360, I am working on it and have it a lot better after adjusting the filters on my humminbird graph. It's still got interference but I can see the image pretty easily though it, kinda like live when you have the gain a little to high so you can see your bait better. Also I recommend the mounting plate, its way easier mounting that to the deck as its a thin plate and a lot easier to reach around and over while trying to get the bolts on under the deck. Then the trolling motor is just screwed into the threaded holes in the plate and you do not need to go under the deck to remove your trolling motor if it needs to be sent in for repair.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Think i'll setup up a GoFundMe for a Move troller..........only need a few thousands to help out....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    I'm on my second season with the Move and would buy it again. No question.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Between those 2, Garmin Force for me. Especially if pairing with a Garmin graph. The best motor IMO at this time is the new Ultrex Quest.
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

10. Member
    The weight was a big factor for me when I added a 3rd graph to the bow. I loved how the Move allowed more bow lift for me and honestly loved the motor when I first tried it. Super powerful, and extremely quiet.

11. Member
    I have a Move and it is very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post
    I am too in the same boat.

I played with both at the classic in Knoxville last year.

I think the Move is a better built unit, but I am not 100% sure it is worth the 1500ish more dollars than the Garmin.
    How much would you pay to get 3 or 4 MPH more, the move will get you that
    Thank You Leon Pugh

I've had 3 Ultrexes and 2 Ghosts, I put on a new 52" Move last year and would never go back to the others. The Quest might be a wonderful trolling motor, but the weight makes it a nogo for me.

I have the Force and really like it. Does everything I ask of it. Spot lock, remote, foot pedal all work fine. No complaints.

15. Member
    Would you please elaborate why you think he Quest is the best? I will probably be replacing my Ghost which seems to have a lot of issues after hitting a stump.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBoatElectronics.com View Post
    Between those 2, Garmin Force for me. Especially if pairing with a Garmin graph. The best motor IMO at this time is the new Ultrex Quest.

16. Member
    I have a Force and like that fact that there is no big cable and its nice to move the pedal around as needed.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    I just changed from a 4 year old Ultrex to a Move and I am in love. The move is amazing, quiet, strong, much smaller in every way, wireless foot pedal is way better than the thick azz steering cables sleeve, the ability to place the spot lock and course lock buttons wherever I want is better as I can leave the pedal deeper in the tray ( i had raise my Ultrex pedal as it was very hard to hit the spot lock button with it deep in the tray), the remote with charging cradle is awesome as its easy to mount and it charges and its much smaller than my ultrex remote (I have it right on side of my drivers console so I can hit spot lock when dealing with a fish or re tying if I forgot). Only down side has been interference from the motor to my mega 360, I am working on it and have it a lot better after adjusting the filters on my humminbird graph. It's still got interference but I can see the image pretty easily though it, kinda like live when you have the gain a little to high so you can see your bait better. Also I recommend the mounting plate, its way easier mounting that to the deck as its a thin plate and a lot easier to reach around and over while trying to get the bolts on under the deck. Then the trolling motor is just screwed into the threaded holes in the plate and you do not need to go under the deck to remove your trolling motor if it needs to be sent in for repair.
    Agreed! The Move is a great trolling motor. Motor is strong and quiet, love the digital readout too! Has many settings for the motor and foot pedal. The mounting plate is a must and it nice to have a remote with a cradle that charges the remote.
    Running 2 Lowrance graphs with transducer and AT. Zero interference.
    When choosing you motor of choice don't forget to take the customer service in to account. Power-Pole has top notch customer service. (never had garmin so not sure about customer service)
    Good luck with your choice. I'm sure you will be happy with which ever one you choose.