Screen protectors for graphs

Do screen protectors help ?

2. Member
    A year or so ago my partner hit one of my console graphs with a tungsten weight. Had a RMP screen protector on it, shattered it and the graph was fine. $50 well spent

3. Member
    Even if they only help with the ability to clear the screen the money is worth it. I use Graph Glass and all I have to do is use my sleeve to wipe the screen and all the water spots come right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    Even if they only help with the ability to clear the screen the money is worth it. I use Graph Glass and all I have to do is use my sleeve to wipe the screen and all the water spots come right off.
    I use Graph Glass as well and I agree 100% it makes cleaning the screen lot more easy. I have yet to have a hit to the screen but based on other people's experience they do protect from an impact.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I use Graph Glass as well and I agree 100% it makes cleaning the screen lot more easy. I have yet to have a hit to the screen but based on other people's experience they do protect from an impact.
    It did in my case. Lowrance Carbon 12 took a direct hit from a 1/2 oz jig dead center. Graph Glass shattered, and my heart sank. Removed it, and the screen was perfect!

6. Member
    Sounds like a good investment!

7. Member
    I have RMPs on all my Garmins.

8. Member
    RMP's saved my screen twice

9. Member
    Yes they do. You just have to choose between fuzzy or annoying mirror finish.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

100% they help. It seems like it's weekly someone is asking in the Garmin groups "how much is it to replace my glass?". Unfortunately, that's not an option. $50 well spent

I did a video on a trick i use to install them, if you go that route.
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

11. Member

12. Member
    YES……. The biggest decision is clear or no glare. I have clear and it saved a screen, but is very bright /reflective. I would like to try a no glare to see the difference.

13. Member
    I use Graph Glass. Whacked 1 Helix with a 3/4 tungsten. Shattered the screen protector. Nothing happened to the screen. I’ve had both anti glare and clear. I won’t use the anti glare again.
    2023 921 Elite
    Mercury 25 Pro XS Bobs Hydraulic
    Power Poles
    Humminbird 12 gen4, and 3 10 Gen4
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

14. Member
    In my experience all they do is add glare

15. Member
    After running the anti glare for about 5 years I finally compared regular and anti glare side by side on a blue sky sunny day. The anti glare functions more like privacy glass and if anything makes the screen harder to see in any light.

I cannot say for sure. but considering the costs why not. Precision Sonar Graph glass. Broke a screen this past year without it.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

17. Member
    They are probably great at protection but they sure kill the sensitivity of the touch screen. I have 1 Live 12 and 2 Pro 12’s.