Thread: Simple Green!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Simple Green!!

I don’t know who might be interested or maybe I’m late to the party but this stuff is no joke!! Knocked the scum line right off my boat and shined up my jackplate nicely! 451D99D3-9647-48F0-8269-9A2D265F4C8C.jpeg21877495-65A1-47DD-8394-E9B5DC6EDF9D.jpeg

It's an awesome cleaner.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    It's an awesome cleaner.
    This is the Awesome cleaner, good stuff for most all job's. https://www.lastotallyawesome.com/sh...cleaner-spray/

4. Member
    That's what I use to clean my Lund hull when I haul it out of the water in the fall.

It's been a staple for me for years and years. Great stuff. I prefer the concentrated version or their Max version the best. I buy it by the gallon.

Another great product is Purple Power degreaser. I buy it by the gallon too.

6. Member
    great for anything and everything!!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    I use it all the time. When I switched to lithium batteries I sprayed down the entire battery compartment while the batteries were out, let it soak for a while then hosed out the area and it was clean as new.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    It's been a staple for me for years and years. Great stuff. I prefer the concentrated version or their Max version the best. I buy it by the gallon.

That purple power is some pretty strong stuff. I soaked some Ford 302 pistons from a 97 Explorer in purple power and it ended up removing the hardened coating on the pistons.
    Last edited by Delta Bass Fool; 04-28-2024 at 06:52 PM.
    '94 Charger Foxfire 180VF '96 Suzuki DT150S BASS

PSA………Regular Simple Green is not safe for Aluminum ( corrosion ). For aircraft cleaning they make a special formula
    https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Green-.../dp/B081D5R6T9

10. Member
    Wife worked in a tool and die job shop for a while. She said used full strength it would soften and in one case removed paint from their machines. Be care full!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post

this is the gallon jug of concentrate.. mixed it 1:1..

had no idea it’s not good for aluminum.. I guess I feel dumb now for not checking..

Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    this is the gallon jug of concentrate.. mixed it 1:1..

had no idea it’s not good for aluminum.. I guess I feel dumb now for not checking..

I never dilute it. I use the concentrate as is.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
    PSA………Regular Simple Green is not safe for Aluminum ( corrosion ). For aircraft cleaning they make a special formula
    https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Green-.../dp/B081D5R6T9
    where are you getting that info? Says clearly on the bottle fine for aluminum…
    CCD8DBA7-5E5C-4F47-A04B-DDB9EDCADA3B.jpeg

14. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    We been using simple green concentrate for years.

Works great, we don’t dilute it much.

15. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Also, lately…Krud Kutter is our go to cleaner.

If you work a greasy, or oily job, as I do.

Add 1 cup, along with reg detergent to your laundry.

Runa 2nd time with nothing,really makes a work shirt last.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day

Teach a man to fish, he will complain that you stole his fishing spot.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    where are you getting that info? Says clearly on the bottle fine for aluminum…
    CCD8DBA7-5E5C-4F47-A04B-DDB9EDCADA3B.jpeg
    It will dull or etch bare polished Alum. if not rinsed good.

SG website info

“Is it safe to use Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner on aluminum?

When used with caution and according to the instructions, Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner has been safely and successfully used to clean aluminum. Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner, Crystal Simple Green Industrial Cleaner & Degreaser, and Simple Green Pressure Washer Concentrates have been used on aircraft, automotive, industrial and consumer aluminum items for over 20 years. However, caution and common sense must be used: aluminum is a soft metal that easily corrodes with unprotected exposure to water. The aqueous-base and alkalinity of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner can accelerate the corrosion process.

Therefore, contact times for unprotected or unpainted aluminum surfaces should be kept as brief as the job will allow - never for more than 10 minutes. Large cleaning jobs should be conducted in smaller-area stages to achieve lower contact time. Rinsing after cleaning should always be extremely thorough - paying special attention to flush out cracks and crevices to remove all Simple Green product residues. Unfinished, uncoated or unpainted aluminum cleaned with Simple Green products should receive some sort of protectant after cleaning to prevent oxidation.

Simple Green has also developed break-through water based cleaners that are safe for use on metals, plastics, rubber and high tech alloys. Extreme Simple Green Aircraft & Precision Cleaner and Simple Green Pro HD are available on both the industrial and retail markets, respectively. These products were initially developed for the aircraft industry and extensive testing shows that they are safe and effective on a variety of metals and other sensitive surfaces even in the most extreme circumstances.”

Probably OK to use occasional SG on aluminum if rinsed but the aviation industry gets freaked out over any aluminum corrosion.

19. Bobby8
    Not certain wheels as it will take
    the clear coating off

20. Member
    Purple Power(SuperClean) is my overall favorite, not even close.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast