Helix 12 Software won't install - Help

Just bought a new boat with Hummingbirds, always been Lowrance. Currently have a Helix 12 Mega SI+ G3N. Current software version is 2.180. I bought a Lakemaster Premium VX and instructions say software needs to be 2.720 or later. So I bought a new micro SD Card, 32 GB, speed class 10. I formatted the SD to FAT32, then downloaded the earlier version of HELIX12CHIRP_MSI_GPS_G3N_V2_280.bin (latest version is V2_930). I installed the SD into the unit and I get the prompt asking if I want to update from 2.180 to V2_280 and next window to confirm. I confirm yes to both prompt windows. Then nothing. I have let it sit for 20-30 minutes. I have tried both SD ports. I have confirmed the .bin update is on the SD card. I still get nothing after I get the window asking if I want to update.

I have tried to go from current version to V2_930. I don't even get the prompt windows when I try this route.

I have called tech support and supposedly they are closed due to internet outage.

Please advise.

Thank You,

2. Member
    DID U restore defaults on unit before placing card in

3. Member
    Yes I did.

Customer service finally got their internet issues resolved and they contacted me. I got it resolved.

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rwsims9 View Post
    Yes I did.

Customer service finally got their internet issues resolved and they contacted me. I got it resolved.
    Please let us know what resolved the issue.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

“I confirm yes to both prompt windows. Then nothing.”

The second prompt you need to select no because it is asking if you want to abort the update.

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFW View Post
    “I confirm yes to both prompt windows. Then nothing.”

The second prompt you need to select no because it is asking if you want to abort the update.

I started to ask you about that. You are not the only person that has tripped up.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    Yes, that was it. I was embarrassed, but the tech has told me he has received so many calls about the same mistake he can't count. Told him I really only saw the CONTINUE in bold letters at the top and didn't read close enough to what was underneath. Lesson learned, always read the fine print :)