supplemental healthcare

what does everyone use or have for supplemental healthcare ? I have United Hea tolthcare and they suck. Never get the correct answer prior to visiting a Dr. or other service. Told us we were covered for glasses and the Dr. was in the system. Submitted the bill and it was rejected because the Dr. wasn't in the system. Pissed isn't the word, and, it's not the first time for crap like this. So I have to wait till November to drop them and find someone else. Any recommendations ?

2. Member
    They have an appeal process. I have used it a few times. Still BS though.
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    Me and wife are on Medicare and have Blue Cross as a supplement. Thank God I never meet my deductible but my wife does.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Me and wife are on Medicare and have Blue Cross as a supplement. Thank God I never meet my deductible but my wife does.
    I also have the Blues as my Medicare supplement and no complaints.

5. Fishing is a Passion
    Mutual of Omaha, hands down.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZ View Post
    what does everyone use or have for supplemental healthcare ? I have United Hea tolthcare and they suck. Never get the correct answer prior to visiting a Dr. or other service. Told us we were covered for glasses and the Dr. was in the system. Submitted the bill and it was rejected because the Dr. wasn't in the system. Pissed isn't the word, and, it's not the first time for crap like this. So I have to wait till November to drop them and find someone else. Any recommendations ?
    Sounds like your doctor screwed you. You should not have paid him. If he were in the network, he whould have summited the bill to Medicare and United.
    On the other hand, I don't think medicare covers glasses.
    I have Original Medicare and a Plan G thru AARP United Health and there is not vision coverage.
    Only vision covered is cadirac surgery.

P01135809

another case of the little guy getting screwed. Thanks for the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZ View Post
    another case of the little guy getting screwed. Thanks for the responses.
    Are you on an Advantage Plan?

P01135809

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    Mutual of Omaha, hands down.
    This x2!
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

I have. Group Medicare select Plan, through Aetna. It was offered through my employer when I retired. I have prescription and dental with them. Totally pleased. Since last August, I have been in the hospital 3 times and had 2 major surgeries. I had $500,000 in hospital bills and only had to pay $800. Not bad.

11. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Aetna.

Dale Sinclair original

I retired at the end of 2014 at age 66. I and my wife have Medicare and a plan F supplement ( plan f is no longer offered but we are grandfathered In plan g is the best available now) We have several surgeries and lots of medical and have no deductible's or co-pays and can go to any doctor's that except Medicare. We have paid nothing out of pocket other than premiums in the time we have been retired. It is kind of nice knowing what our medical expenses are going to be.

13. Member
    If you have an advantage plan contact a broker this summer and let them shop plans for you in October. Plans change nation wide by zip code each year with the advantage plan. What may work best for one person this year may not next? Insurance companies know Uncle Sam is going to farm out advantage plans to them since about 70% eligible go with that managed care and they compete for the business.

The dental plans sometimes included with advantage plans are always iffy. Your best bet is confirming with the dentist that they accept YOUR PLAN. EX: They may accept Aetna, Humana, etc….when you call but not your plan. Remember, those plans can change annually so the billing department may be the only knowledgeable people in the office.

As for your issue right now, contacting the agent, company, and insurance commissioner should get you answers.

Researching answers to these type of questions for our clients is why we get paid a monthly feee on our book of business with xyz insurance company. It doesn’t cost you a dime. We are paid out of the agreed fee per person the insurance company gets paid for handling this for the feds. Another reason why insurance companies are pushing everyone to enrolling via the net or 800#. You may get a captive agent who cannot shop plans and the 800# call center becomes your agent saving the insurance company bucooo bucks farming out those centers.

The insurance companies are one of many middle men between you the client and the federal government regulators.

P.S.S If there is a five star rated advantage plan (Uncle Sam rates the plans) in your area you may be eligible to swap to it right now?
    Last edited by n2ratfishin; 05-01-2024 at 06:48 AM.

14. Member
    I have Medicare A&B and BCBS.

15. Member
    Cigna

16. Member
    Medicare and Blue cross. Blue Cross is 170 a month. But had 2 surgeries last year that were expensive.

17. Member
    Glasses and lenses. I'm tired of this. That's why I chose GlassesUSA, their range is great for people with the same problem, suggest checking for quality and customer service. Always prioritize reliable healthcare and eyewear providers for your well-being.
    Last edited by maryglo; 05-20-2024 at 05:57 PM.