Thread: Smithville

Smithville

Went out for the first time today.

5 boats in every cove on a Friday.

Busy place.

Any body have any luck bass fishing? Seems to have a lot more deep (10-15’) vegetation than I expected so seems like it could hold a few fish.

2. Member
    I am planning to head down there Saturday. I think its come up about 3 feet or thereabouts. I didn't do any good the first time I went there a while back, but the water was in the 40s and I don't do good in water that cold. I'm looking forward to seeing what the high water makes things look like. Were the boats crappie fishing, or bass fishing?
    Smithville Reservoir near Smithville, MO - USGS Water Data for the Nation

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    I am planning to head down there Saturday. I think its come up about 3 feet or thereabouts. I didn't do any good the first time I went there a while back, but the water was in the 40s and I don't do good in water that cold. I'm looking forward to seeing what the high water makes things look like. Were the boats crappie fishing, or bass fishing?
    Smithville Reservoir near Smithville, MO - USGS Water Data for the Nation
    Mostly crappie. It was insane. At one point there were layers of boats around one of the bridges.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    Mostly crappie. It was insane. At one point there were layers of boats around one of the bridges.
    Went out today and noticed 90% of those out were crappie fishing as well. Put in a W ramp around 10 AM and stayed till about 3 PM. Fishing was terrible, at least for bass-didn't see any crappie being caught by those guys either. I did catch one that would be around 3.5 pounds on a jig in the ramp cove but the rest of the day was a bust. Sun never came out but the water was murky, but not muddy.