Prop recommendations

Hi
    2022 FXR2O w/250 SHO I am looking for a prop to replace the stock prop with and I am looking for recommendations. First question can the prop affect porpoising or is that all hull and speed. In the new prop a little more hole shot might be nice. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Ralph

2. Member
    I don't know that this information will help you any.

I have a 2022 FXR21 with a 250 running a 25 pitch T2. It runs just fine and I have controlled any porpoise issue with speed and trim. I rarely run balls out unless it's a tournament. My normal is 3600-4000 RPM. I find I have to keep trim down then slowly raise just a little. The porpoise for me arrives if I'm going too slow and trim too much. There is a sweet spot in there.

As for prop recommendations, I'm no expert at all. I imagine I too could be doing something better, but my setup works for me.

Good luck to you

3. Member
    Ralph, my FXR 21 does the same as yours. I have been driving boats for over 35 years and always see the response of trim down when going slow. That does not work on my boat either, I have learned to live with it, but the problem I have is when water gets rough I do not feel like I have bow control. I had began the research of looking for another prop because of these issues and the fact it falls on it face when livewells are full and partner in the boat. The two props I was leaning towards was a Mecury Bravo 1 in 26 pitch or Mark Croxton Razor XL in 24. I feel the FXR has more in it, but will take a prop that will give both stern and bow lift to achieve full potential. Currently boat runs 71 with just me and 65 with partner and livewells full 6080 RPM.

4. Member
    Thanks. The thing is I want to buy another prop so I will have one for a spare so i figured if I was going to buy another one I might get something better (if that is a reality). If the stock prop is as good as it gets then maybe I should just get another one. I also have the same problem in rough water.

5. Member
    The stock prop is only as good as it gets if it’s blueprinted. Even then it’s weight sensitive. Yes it’s the prop that is weight sensitive, not the hull (for those that think the hull is designed for weight in the back). Every hull runs better if most of the weight is in the back - has nothing to do with design, it’s physics. Heavier loads, you might be better off with a 4 blade, or a well designed 3 with extra cup. 4 blades will probably solve all your porpoising issues too (if you haven’t figured out the driving nuances).

6. Member
    Most folks run their motor too high and too much trim... Causes the porpoise. My boat had zero porpoise.. I've tried multiple period and no issue. I usually run my motor between 3-6. Currently running tempest 25, but have run 25 fury 3, sho t2, sho t1.

Watch this YouTube:
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville