Banned

Troubleshooting touch pad issues

ok, we have had a few questions lately
    Last edited by Carlos H; 08-26-2016 at 07:51 PM.

2. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos H View Post
    ok, we have had a few questions lately on the touch pads and I wanted to make a troubleshooting thread.

Feel free to add to as necessary
    1. If a light for an accessory is blinking the breaker is tripped. To rest the breaker push and hold that button until light goes out and it resets itself.
    1) If a switched accessory light is blinking, the internal circuit breaker has tripped. If the 'STOP' light is blinking, an un-switched accessory has tripped its' breaker. To rest a breaker, push and hold the button that is blinking until light goes out and it resets itself. .....
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 07-13-2013 at 10:38 AM.

3. Banned
    tanks Lou

4. Member
    This may be a dumb question but I just bought an 07 z20. How do you turn the panel off when you are done fishing for the day? I have just been letting the system time out is this correct?

5. Member
    Push STOP under your code and Stop again

6. Member
    my stop light just started blinking. It will turn off engine, but not the accessories. Have to turn the breaker off and then it will go away but sooner or later will start blinking again. What do you mean by an "un-switched accessory"?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
    Push STOP under your code and Stop again
    Enter?

8. Member
    I cannot get the timer on the livewells to work. They either stay on all the time or I have to turn them off.Anyone know what Im doing wrong Thanks

9. Member
    I want to tie into my accessories, however, finding the right wire seems next to impossible. Not a big fan of the 05 key pad.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drakedusterbps View Post
    I want to tie into my accessories, however, finding the right wire seems next to impossible. Not a big fan of the 05 key pad.
    They are under the console and there should be a boring diagram on the inside of the rear deck lid. Don't remember the color coded wires for each switch off the top of my head but the wiring diagram shows them.

11. Member
    My entire right side of my keypad is blinking so basically numbers for code to start along with start and stop buttons all blinking
    Need help?

12. Member
    Having problem with key start buttons - 2003 Ranger 521vx Started after in storage for 90 days. All batteries charged - pressed in code and heard the normal beep - went to press start and would not turn over ?? Went back to motor and jumped the starter solenoid and motor started with NP. All gauges and and dash are on. turned off motor when hitting stop.

Jumped with what?

14. Member
    used screw driver to connect power cable to starter

15. Member
    used screw driver to connect power cable to starter

16. Member
    New to threads? can anyone tell me how to create a post

17. Member
    https://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=47

go here, top left hand area says "post new thread"

first page of all threads have that "button"
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

I’d start by doing a few simple things. Disconnect both starting battery cables. Trip the main breaker. Let sit completely de-powered for at least 30 minutes. I’d disconnect and reconnect touch pad and brain connections. Sounds like your battery is ok…but I’d test it anyway. If none of that helps, probably looking at needing new pad…and or brain…if they are available. One other option might be available is the backup start key…I’m not sure they are available for that year, but basically plugs in to the connection for the start function and works like a regular key start.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread...1118301&page=3
    Last edited by dean c; 12-04-2023 at 10:25 AM.

19. Member
    Hang on to your wallet. This is going to cost.

20. Member
    I'm having a touchpad issue with my 19' 520C. The bow touchpad lights were all on, but none of the switches worked. I removed it, unplugged it, and plugged it back in, then about half of the lights would work, but still none of the switches. In addition, my horn does not function, but the rest of the left touchpad does. Someone suggested looking for a water short in another thread, but I couldn't find anything.

Is there a wiring harness connector that I am missing somewhere? I found the ones under the dash, but didn't see anything in the dash that looked like it was going to the front of the boat.