Thread: Carpet Weight

Carpet Weight

What weight of carpet can i put in a 97 209 without having trouble shutting the lids. I want 24oz but not sure if it will cause more trouble than it is worth. Thanks for the help.

2. Member
    I went with 24 oz from basscat in my 209 and they're snug, but not challenging to open.

3. Member
    I went with 22oz from ranger and the rod lockers are a little tough to open, other than that every other compartment is snug and opens easily

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I think that I will do the 24oz and then trim it up a little if it is really tight.

you can make any weight work...all you do is shave the length on the borders of the lid...per a carpet expert who has pointed me in right direction...
    GO with the BCB 24oz
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

I just did my Intimidator over a couple of months ago and used 24 oz. from bassboatseats.com and and it worked great. Pretty snug at first but they open fine now.They are board sponsors and give a 10% discount to members.

Quote Originally Posted by mr1dl View Post
    I just did my Intimidator over a couple of months ago and used 24 oz. from bassboatseats.com and and it worked great. Pretty snug at first but they open fine now.They are board sponsors and give a 10% discount to members.
    Mr1dl,

How big of a task was it to install on your Intimadator? Thinking of doing mine this winter!

Rick Elrod

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodelrod View Post
    Mr1dl,

How big of a task was it to install on your Intimadator? Thinking of doing mine this winter!
    It is very labor intensive. It took me all of 40 hours or more to get it done. Was it worth it? Yes!! Looks great. Everything takes longer than you expect. I tend to buy older boats because that what I can afford and everyone but one I did it to. This was by far the hardest to do. Carpeting is everywhere. Just take your time and plan on 40 or so hours and you'll be fine. You'll love the end results!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr1dl View Post
    It is very labor intensive. It took me all of 40 hours or more to get it done. Was it worth it? Yes!! Looks great. Everything takes longer than you expect. I tend to buy older boats because that what I can afford and everyone but one I did it to. This was by far the hardest to do. Carpeting is everywhere. Just take your time and plan on 40 or so hours and you'll be fine. You'll love the end results!!
    Any before and after pics? Love to see how it looks.

10. Banned
    I have a club guy that just did his with padding. Have any of you used pad? I was wondering how does padding effect the lids?

11. Member
    I ordered the 24 oz from bass boat seats and the pad will let you guys know how it turns out and try and post some pics when it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by KBush View Post
    Any before and after pics? Love to see how it looks.
    Sorry for the delay, didn't have a chance to take pictures until today. The seat covers were done last year. Lots of work, but the Gambler is my baby

Looks great!

14. Member
    The gray looks awesome! Nice work!

Where did you get the pad and what do you think of it?