mercury rigging hose replacement

I have cracked rigging hose between transom and lower cowl where all the lines run. Wondering how bad the replacement is and if there is something better to use than the stock hose that will crack again. I have a 250 pro xs.

2. Member
    You have to disconnect every connection to the motor (except steering naturally), if your mechanically inclined its simple.

3. Member
    Replace with zipper style, that's what I did, no more broken hose

4. Member
    what he said like it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranko201 View Post

5. Member
    Sorry but what do you mean by zipper style?

6. Member
    Check out TH Marine.com , click on rigging hose's, be sure to get correct length before ordering, just measure from splash well opening to motor, allow some extra length to "tuck in" through opening. After finding it , see what amazon has to offer, hope this helps

7. Member
    Also check out You Tube

Quote Originally Posted by Cranko201 View Post
    I did the same.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Yamaha's riggin tube will not crack and it fits inside where your original was....cut the Merc rigging and insert the Yamaha. Some guys also uses vaccum cleaner hose. It doesn't crack and comes in different colors...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

10. Member
    Thanks I'll check out the Yamaha rigging hose. The zipper style just doesn't look good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by georgeweeber View Post
    Thanks I'll check out the Yamaha rigging hose. The zipper style just doesn't look good to me.
    Im not a fan of the zipper style hose either i personally find it to be pretty ugly. The rigging hose style is very clean. I did my own and used th marine rigging hose you buy it by the foot and they have all the connections for fuel bulb if you need it etc. i like how mine turned out it was a big job tho disconnecting everything wasnt the most fun but the results are worth it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    George- please see the Forum Announcements, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

You will want to obtain the OEM rigging hose. Many (or should I say most) of the other alternatives are not the correct size, and will be difficult to properly attach at the ends.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Does mercury or you don have this rigging tube?

Tried sourcing locally and the pro xs engine side connection will not screw in. Either too big or too small. Seems like 2.5”-2.75” OD

pro xs 2b535678

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Our Parts Department can get you the replacement hose or complete kit- drop Rhonda an email (see her post, pinned at the top of the Forum for contact info).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor