Thread: Sensitive rods?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sensitive rods?

I'm wanting to buy some new rods and I'm looking for suggestions. I'd like to stay around $200 or so and sensitivity will be my main deciding factor. My flipping sticks, worm and Carolina rig rods are old and it's time for new. Any suggestions?

2. Banned
    You'll get a 100 different suggestions... Mine is check out the Falcon Cara T7 series... Dan

Hammer rods from Tackle Trap.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Hammer rods from Tackle Trap.
    Good suggestion. The TT LTD 76XH model is still on sale and makes an awesome C-Rig rod among other things. If you have any questions about Hammer Rods, or any other options, feel free to send me a PM, be glad to help!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    You'll get a 100 different suggestions... Mine is check out the Falcon Cara T7 series... Dan
    +1

6. Member
    Here is a hundred different ones.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=884057

7. Member
    Well I figured there would be several suggestions but keep in mind the sensitivity. Obviously some rods stand out as more sensitive and those are ones I would like to hear about. I've used a lot of different brands but there are many more I have no idea about.

8. Member
    Alpha Angler are the best rods I have put in my hand. This is my opinion.

9. Member
    Wasn't this a topic that got beat to death just last Wednesday?

10. Member
    In the $200 range my vote would be for a Fenwick Aetos

11. Banned
    Diz- If You get a minute, You might look here: http://www.tackletour.com I don't think these guys receive compensation from manufacturers, at least they didn't used to.

Edit: I heeded My own Sage advise and went to the site... Here is a term I bet You haven't heard in the bass fishing community, "Game Changer" Now that EVERY THING is a "game changer", nothing is. How Zen.

Edit #2) @ 16:39 hrs. while watching SYTTD, guy on Wayfair.com commercial says "Game Changer"
    Last edited by LewStulePH.D.; 03-26-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    Great Rods. Also, If you have a retail source available put a Cashion elite into your hands. Will not hurt. And the price is within your budget.
    "SEE YOU AT THE TOP"

Just handled the new Phenix Feather for the first time at the big sports show in the Twin Cities this past Friday. I'm a little leery about durability, but was absolutely flabbergasted at their (lack of) weight and sensitivity in hand (albeit without actually fishing it yet). Doing the old "carpet trick" many will use to try and gauge a rod's sensitivity off the rack, it compared VERY closely with the K2 sitting next to it that cost nearly 4 times as much. The weight difference between them wasn't discernible if there is a difference at all, and I really, really like the reel seat. If they hold up at all, I have a sneaking suspicion that these will be very very popular.

Needless to say, I'm the proud new owner of a Phenix Feather, 7'1" in medium heavy. The MSRP is $150 which absolutely blows my mind. The series ranges from $140-170.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

14. Banned
    Megabass Levante Perfect Pitch

15. Member
    The hammer rods are decent but I don't consider it overly sensitive. I'd recommend a kistler helium 3, a little over your budget but if you sign up for the mailing list they run sales from time to time that will get you closer to $200

16. Member
    I stick with falcon. The caras are real nice. I did pick up a kistler and it felt real nice, maybe a little lighter than the cara. Didn't get one though. It's hard to turn away from falcon, they are tough as nails and really sensitive.

Go to your nearest Bass Pro, Academy... whatever and flick some rods around. I like fast action tips, on a frog rod i prefer a stick. For me its hard to beat those carbonlites for the price.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

18. T Dub
    Shakespeare hands down

19. Member
    Alx zolo or get the og daiwa tatula rods not the xt off ebay for around 100$ save you some $ and get a awesome rod for the price

20. Member
    I always suggest building your own. Its not rocket science.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast