Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I'm a baby stepper, too. Have seen many guys blast up to the stand and I don't think it was designed for impact. My 2015 has no issue
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

2. Member
    I have a steep ramp at my camp and have no choice but to power load on the trailer . I try not to hit the stand but sometimes it does . So for all is good with mine . I’ll keep my fingers crossed ...

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

3. Member
    Bringing back an old thread. I just noticed that my stand is cracked exactly where the notches are in Snagged's picture. Mine is a 2016, but I don't have the same notches that Snagged has in his picture.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Have there been any problems with 2016's and newer? I know mine is better welded to the base with the welds wrapped around the sides. I may be mistaken but I do not recall seeing any problems with 2016 and newer. I have had no issues with my 2016.
    I replaced my 2016 last summer. It was cracked halfway through both sides by the roller.

5. Member
    Mine is still ok . I keep a close eye on it .

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

Mine is OK so far and it has been used a lot. I am careful with it and I don't power load the boat all the way to the winch and ram the roller..... I get the boat started and crank it on up and if it gets hard to crank sometimes I have to back in a little more to finish getting it all the way. I have a little manufactured cut at the joint of the bend that looks like a weak spot, but so far so good.

A lot of ramps I use do not want you power loading anyway because all the props cause a big hole where the ramp ends and it is not good for the loading of bigger boats like a pontoon that has to go back far. I have seen trailer tires drop off into these holes in the dirt and cause real problems.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    I replaced my 2016 last summer. It was cracked halfway through both sides by the roller.
    I think this has happened to alot of them. Since they made the change to ez loader and they stamp that rib for more support that seems to have helped. I have seen older trailers for these boats at the ramp with the new stand on them so im sure they had troubles
    (We like to look at trailers as we walk by alot of people dont take too good of care of things lol). My cousin went through more issues with this than worth counting replacements still broke so i just started to make repairs. Beef up a weak spot the next weak spot would show up. When he sold the boat and went back to glass the guy that got it wont have any more trouble at least lol. I would watch him load the boat alot and he was gentle on it never slammed it. Just weak to start with.
    8120EE84-6DAE-485E-B1FC-DFC835188175.jpeg D6A2D14C-D4F7-4598-8244-3F35141390B2.jpeg 691F09EE-3F16-433E-A883-90F7ED7DC10D.jpeg BD499976-B3F7-4E19-B908-254D854DC9D7.jpeg
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    I think this has happened to alot of them. Since they made the change to ez loader and they stamp that rib for more support that seems to have helped. I have seen older trailers for these boats at the ramp with the new stand on them so im sure they had troubles
    (We like to look at trailers as we walk by alot of people dont take too good of care of things lol). My cousin went through more issues with this than worth counting replacements still broke so i just started to make repairs. Beef up a weak spot the next weak spot would show up. When he sold the boat and went back to glass the guy that got it wont have any more trouble at least lol. I would watch him load the boat alot and he was gentle on it never slammed it. Just weak to start with.
    8120EE84-6DAE-485E-B1FC-DFC835188175.jpeg D6A2D14C-D4F7-4598-8244-3F35141390B2.jpeg 691F09EE-3F16-433E-A883-90F7ED7DC10D.jpeg BD499976-B3F7-4E19-B908-254D854DC9D7.jpeg
    I agree with that . All you have to do is look at it and scratch your head and say , dam they could have done something better than that ! If and when mine does crack , I’ll replace it with something built better . I won’t be calling Ranger to send me another one ! Lol

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    It wasn't quite that bad yet, but it was to the point where I was getting a little nervous about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty View Post
    I agree with that . All you have to do is look at it and scratch your head and say , dam they could have done something better than that ! If and when mine does crack , I’ll replace it with something built better . I won’t be calling Ranger to send me another one ! Lol
    I think you would be ok to buy from Ranger now. When EZ-Loader started making the Ranger trailers, they redesigned the winch stand.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    It wasn't quite that bad yet, but it was to the point where I was getting a little nervous about it.
    Any crack on a part that holds the boat in place is cause for concern that is for sure.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

12. Member
    I went through 3 of them. First one broke before the dealer even got it off the truck. Second one broke while the boat was being winched up. Folded right over. After that I would just have Roy weld the part that broke. Eventually every weld from the factory broke and was repaired by Roy. The guy that has it now won't have anything to worry about. It got to be comical after awhile.

13. Banned
    Mine was broken but I started to see a tiny rust stain at the area the cracks. Sanded off the coating and there were 3/8” cracks on each side. I welded up the cracks and plated it. I used I believe duplicolor rocker panel textured paint and it was nearly a perfect match.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I think you would be ok to buy from Ranger now. When EZ-Loader started making the Ranger trailers, they redesigned the winch stand.

That looks much better . I could live with that . Lol . Thanks Bill .

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

15. Member
    I have a 2014. Had no issues with the original winch stand. But, spent $75 for an updated one about 2 yrs. ago, just to be safe. No problems with it.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    Mine was broken but I started to see a tiny rust stain at the area the cracks. Sanded off the coating and there were 3/8” cracks on each side. I welded up the cracks and plated it. I used I believe duplicolor rocker panel textured paint and it was nearly a perfect match.
    Exactly what happened with mine. If it weren't for the rust, I probably wouldn't have known until it folded over. The one side was cracked 3/4 of the way. I used truck bed liner to paint mine and it matches pretty well.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrew73 View Post
    Thats pretty much what I had in mind if and when mine does crack , weld and plate it . I dropped by my dealers place today to pick up some fuel filters and got to look at one on a RT178 trailer that Bill posted that picture of . Good improvement.

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

18. Member
    I just had mine repaired by a local shop 2016 188. solid welded 1/4" flat bar to each side, blasted and painted. The titanic wouldn't break this thing now.
    2017 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS opti

19. Member
    Replaced mine on a 2017 two months ago and Ranger sent me the exact same one that I already had. Just have to scratch your head I guess...

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty View Post
    That looks much better . I could live with that . Lol . Thanks Bill .
    The strengthening rib doesn’t do much good either.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Ranger RT188 Custom Jet
    150/105 Evinrude ETEC Jet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast