Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Old thread I know
    I have a Cajun with R&R designs pedestal with crossed/stripped threads. This mount sucks, is there anyway to replace the floor box and get a new pedestal from a different manufacturer that will fit in the floor box up front? I tired the sprinfield pedestal and like the post says, it flops around and is not tight.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    Old thread I know
    I have a Cajun with R&R designs pedestal with crossed/stripped threads. This mount sucks, is there anyway to replace the floor box and get a new pedestal from a different manufacturer that will fit in the floor box up front? I tired the sprinfield pedestal and like the post says, it flops around and is not tight.
    I don't know the size of the R&R base plates (bigger than 8" long?). Springfield makes a rectangular 3/4" dia. base plate that's 4" x 8" or square 8" x 8" plate that might replace the footprint of the old R&R base plate.
    Another option would be using a spring- or taper-lock base.

3. Member
    My 98 fishunter has them also. I did get some replacements for R&R several years ago. Need another now. Cross threaded.

Are the pedestal threads messed up, or only the internal threads on the base block?
    If the latter, perhaps a machine shop could fab a new base block. They could potentially chase the pedestal threads to clean them up as well.

Another option would be to replace the cross-threaded base block & make a new base block to snuggly fit a 3/4" pin pedestal.
    Personally, if I'd go that rout, I'd drill and tap a 1/4-28 hole through the base block parallel to the 3/4" hole; insert the base block in the slide, and lock it in place with a 1/4-28 set screw so it doesn't rock or wobble.
    Or drill a bigger hole in a new base block (similar diameter to a 3/4" pin pedestal diameter) so pedestal pole fits snug in the block.

Just a few outside the box ideas if you don't want to tear out the R&R base plate.

I use a 3/4" pin pedestal straight into my R&R base plate in the back, but it definitely wobbles more that I'd like.

if any slide N lock owners are looking for seat post hole plugs I have a solution.

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    No picture shown, Carlton......

8. Member
    Thanks castingCall for the suggestions. The base looks ok, interesting it has a rubber O ring in the threads, guess that is placed there for a locking mechcanism I am going to try your ideas since RR has not returned my email request for help.
    Last edited by scubatelco; 04-10-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    Thanks castingCall for the suggestions. The base looks ok, interesting it has a rubber O ring in the threads, guess that is placed there for a locking mechcanism I am going to try your ideas since RR has not returned my email request for help.
    I mcgyvered the old R&R base plates to fit the newer style kingpin style bases. the kingpin style are a lot less expensive and more readily available pretty much anywhere.

Here's the link to the post when i did mine.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1001925
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12