Thread: Fish with Force

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sra61 View Post
    I just found this little video that shows some of the features with the remote, and talks about how they rated the thrust.
    Great video! Nice explanation to the 100 pound thrust rating they have for their trolling motors. That remote is pretty awesome!

2. Member
    I wonder if the motor has any kind of LED on the head so us night guys will know which way the motor is pointed at night?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I have used it, still use it and like it. Some setup stuff to do....calibration of TM and remote. Press and Hold, point the remote...That's where you go. There's quiet a few nifty features as we finally get around to remembering all it will do.

I probably shouldn't comment on the Anchor Hold but I will. The reason is I don't have any experience with another brand with stuff like Spot Lock. So I really don't know the difference between good, mediocre or bad. The Garmin is the only one I've used. Seems overly busy turning this way and that. That's a software thing and should improve over time, but if I want to stay on a spot I just use the foot pedal. Wireless foot pedal, adjust turning resistance to your preference. Nice. Better than nice.
    Spot lock searches in light wind. It really needs a steady and constant wind direction to shine. The ultrex has a boat scale setting that helps spot lock and it easily holds in a 2 foot circle. It’s strange not one of these new motors has done a comparison. Im not crazy about a battery tray on a foot pedal. It seems like one wave over the bow would fill it with water.

Love the video. Explains how things were designed. The remote is pretty cool.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Iam liking it more and more that remote is pretty sweet and the stow any way is neat .The no cable is a big plus that dang ultrex I have cables laying all over my finder.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    Great video! Nice explanation to the 100 pound thrust rating they have for their trolling motors. That remote is pretty awesome!
    Here is another good video

https://video.bassmaster.com/detail/...autoStart=true
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super 91 View Post
    I wonder if the motor has any kind of LED on the head so us night guys will know which way the motor is pointed at night?
    It looks like there is an LED on top of the bracket/arm showing battery level, current speed, operation mode, and GPS signal strength, on top of the head there is a white arrow showing direction, but don't know if it lights up. Someone with one could answer that.

8. Member
    This will be a hit. Comes with a lanyard I wear around my neck. Then I stick it in my shirt pocket. It has 4 Preset keys like the echomaps have. Good addition to GPSMAPs. I do the Presets in Smartmode so it saves the transducer settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 07-09-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Member
    The hand gestures on the remote are neat. Had a terrova, could never get used to the foot pedal it was just to awkward with no feed back on what direction you were going without looking. Ended up using the remote all the time which wasnt ideal either since your hands are busy fishing. Have an ultrex now. Its everything I ever wanted in a motor really. Dont even use the remote now as its one more thing to keep track of. If im siting and fishing ill usually just reach down and run the pedal with my hand instead.

The garmin unit looks slick but it will take some doing to get lifetime users to change over unless they are offering better features at a discounted price. Seems like they have better features at a premium price. They should piece out this system a little to get the base price down around $2k with a pedal only or remote only. Upcharge for adding a remote/pedal and uhd transducer.

10. Member
    ......... on top of the head there is a white arrow showing direction, but don't know if it lights up. Someone with one could answer that.
    The white arrow on mine does not light up.

11. Member
    Question about the speed control. I like the variable speed control vs the 10 speed. My prior pain point with 10 speeds were the sometimes disproportionate increase in speed from, say 4 to 5 vs 3 to 4. Sometimes 4 wasn't enough power but 5 was too much. How "smooth" are the power bands on the Force?
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

12. Member
    This will be a hit. Comes with a lanyard I wear around my neck. Then I stick it in my shirt pocket. It has 4 Preset keys like the echomaps have. Good addition to GPSMAPs. I do the Presets in Smartmode so it saves the transducer settings.
    Leonard,

What are the preset keys for? Recorded tracks or waypoints?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jprovencher80 View Post
    Question about the speed control. I like the variable speed control vs the 10 speed. My prior pain point with 10 speeds were the sometimes disproportionate increase in speed from, say 4 to 5 vs 3 to 4. Sometimes 4 wasn't enough power but 5 was too much. How "smooth" are the power bands on the Force?
    I don't know how much I can say about the speeds. The software I am using is a beta version so it may or may not be what's first shipped. I have offered quite a bit of input on this, as have others. I think you'd be satisfied, if not initially, then with an update. Teaser... There are options.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 07-09-2019 at 10:41 PM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyehunter83 View Post
    Leonard,

What are the preset keys for? Recorded tracks or waypoints?
    Neither. It the same as the preset keys on the Plus and Ultra units. On the MFD you can create a combo screen and tie it to a preset key. Four keys means you can do four of them. Press that key on the remote, MFD instantly goes to that combo screen. If you have a GPSMAP unit the combo screen can be created under SmartMode. In SmartMode you can also have your settings for all kinds of things stored with the combo name. Then tie that to the Preset key. So you get the panels you want and the settings saved for Tradition, SideVu, LVS, etc.

15. Member
    Neither. It the same as the preset keys on the Plus and Ultra units. On the MFD you can create a combo screen and tie it to a preset key. Four keys means you can do four of them. Press that key on the remote, MFD instantly goes to that combo screen. If you have a GPSMAP unit the combo screen can be created under SmartMode. In SmartMode you can also have your settings for all kinds of things stored with the combo name. Then tie that to the Preset key. So you get the panels you want and the settings saved for Tradition, SideVu, LVS, etc.
    Perfect, thanks.

16. Member
    The white arrow on mine does not light up.
    Thank you! Bummer, but thank you....

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super 91 View Post
    Thank you! Bummer, but thank you....
    How hard is it to put a light up there the stupid ultrex and terrova etc dont light either !

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    How hard is it to put a light up there the stupid ultrex and terrova etc dont light either !
    Seems like that would be easy enough doesn't it?

19. Banned
    I have a Ultrex 112 and really like it. But to say it can wonder a lot. It can bump off its location up to 15ft (hunting for GPS single). If a friend ask how tight it holds, I would have to say within 5ft on average. The head does hunt a lot. Sometimes it engages right away (which translates to a tighter hold), other times it will take 30 second to engage (thus the 15 ft mark) these are in current/wind conditions.
    Not bashing, and not looking to replace.

I have used it, still use it and like it. Some setup stuff to do....calibration of TM and remote. Press and Hold, point the remote...That's where you go. There's quiet a few nifty features as we finally get around to remembering all it will do.

I probably shouldn't comment on the Anchor Hold but I will. The reason is I don't have any experience with another brand with stuff like Spot Lock. So I really don't know the difference between good, mediocre or bad. The Garmin is the only one I've used. Seems overly busy turning this way and that. That's a software thing and should improve over time, but if I want to stay on a spot I just use the foot pedal. Wireless foot pedal, adjust turning resistance to your preference. Nice. Better than nice.

20. Member
    Seems like that would be easy enough doesn't it?
    A couple of stick on battery led's in the shape of an arrow would sure do it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast