Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2d sonar not working

Hi all- so i went on the water the other day and my 2d sonar wasn’t working on my console graph nor was my depth reading on my 1198( i know it’s a dinosaur). However, side imaging and Di was working, and when i switched it over to the bow ducer it worked fine. So I’m thinking it’s not a unit issue. Could this be a wiring issue or a bad thru hull ducer or regular ducer issue? And Anything else i can do to problem solve this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by Sakman33; 05-21-2024 at 01:44 PM.

Where is the 2D source, HDSI transducer or a separate one as a shoot-thru or transom?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/Advanced, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Hey Wayne- i believe my 2d sourse is from HDSI and i also have a through hull ducer. Hopefully I answered your question??? Did I mention the depth on my graph isn’t working? Thanks for the reply

If the HDSI transducer and the shoot-thru transducer are connected to the display with a Y cable, the 2D comes from the shoot-thru all the time. The 2D piezo in the HDSI transducer is not connected to the unit =no wires.

You can check where the issue is by diconnecting both transducers from the Y cable, disconnect the Y cable from the display and try each transducer directly connected to the unit to determine if it is a transducer issue. Do that on the water so you get depth.

If both do OK for 2D, then you have a faulty Y cable.
    If the HDSI transducer does 2D OK and the shoot-thru doesn't, you need to replace or re-install the shoot-thru.
    In neither transducer works for depth, the display is faulty--no longer serviceable by Humminbird.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/Advanced, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Thanks, Wayne! Appreciate the feedback