Willsboro bay Champlain for memorial day weekend

Got a lake house rented on lake Champlain in willsboro bay for memorial day weekend. I am taking boat but will probably only get to fish 1 day because of family reunion responsibilities. Never been to Champlain and this will probably be one and only trip. Any suggestions for bass fishing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Will be probably launching at willsboro but could use other boat launch if there is more productive areas.

2. Member
    If you have Facebook, there's a Lake Champlain Bass fishing forum that gets more traffic than here. I assume you can find some fish in Willsboro Bay itself, but I've never been down that way, I do most of my fishing north of that.

One day is not enough on this lake as it's MASSIVE, but just stick to the basics--docks/marinas, rip rap, points and weed lines and you'll find some fish. Largemouth will eat senkos and ned rigs, jigs, swimbaits, just to name a few. Smallies up there will also eat just about anything included those mentioned as well as spinnerbaits and jerkbaits (which will invite pike to bite as well).

If you plan on venturing out of the Bay, make sure the wind is favorable. If it's blowing strong out of the North or South things can get dicey crossing the main lake.

3. Member
    Ned rig and jerk bait should be all you need

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    Ned rig and jerk bait should be all you need
    Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback.