Thread: Garmin 93 SV

Garmin 93 SV

I'm looking at a boat that has 2 Garmin 93SVs on it. How good are the gps maps on these? Can you download better maps on them? I've heard some of the rivers in south Alabama don't even appear on them.

2. Member
    Go to Lakes.garmin.com, you can view the mapping that will more than likely come built into the graphs you are looking at. There is also Vision+ map cards available.I've had no issues with the built in mapping.. only found one area that the channel is not marked correctly on a local lake.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If those are the non touch screen units, the maps will be old in them....you would be limited on which map cards would work with those units.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    The base mapping on my 93SV UHD is pretty bad in my area - the lake position is often offset. I run Quickdraw all the time to correct it.

5. Member
    The 93 versions have the base layer maps in them. You can buy the navionics upgrade charts and upgrade them to the best that garmin offers. A single chart will network to both units if you have them connected. I have a 93 on my boat and the map isn't bad in my area. I have a couple of 6 Models (106 &126)on my boat and those maps are a lot better.