2023 FXR 21 losing bottom reading

2023 fxr 21 with factory installed Hummingbird Helix 12 units and transducers losing bottom reading when increasing speed. Need fishing the skinny water of the Atchafalaya Basin, LA

Any help is appreciated!

2. Member
    New 23 fxr20 and I am troubleshooting same thing. I have a new through hull transducer coming. I am going to plug it directly in while in the water before I go through the trouble of changing it out.

3. Member
    Put it in the bilge with a sand bag on top to try it out...
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

4. Member
    Put a Stern Saver on the transom and screw a skimmer to it.

You're done.

I can read bottom clearly at 50 plus MPH, and good enough at 60. ZX200. 200 SHO. Took some experimentation to get there, but it works great.

With an external transducer, you can adjust until you get what you want. With a shoot through, once it hits he epoxy, it's over. No more adjusting.

5. Member
    Is there a fix for the side imaging going black once on pad and at over 20mph? 2023 FXR 21 APEX Helix 15 in the dash.
    Last edited by RifleMan; 05-20-2024 at 06:52 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleMan View Post
    Is there a fix for the side imaging going black once on pad and at over 20mph? 2032 FXR 21 APEX Helix 15 in the dash.
    no, lol! Damn you have a REALLY new boat, maybe by then there will be high speed SI!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleMan View Post
    Is there a fix for the side imaging going black once on pad and at over 20mph? 2032 FXR 21 APEX Helix 15 in the dash.
    Mount it to the bottom of the boat. LOL..

It's going black because it's out of the water. I've never seen one the wasn't at those speeds...it would probably rip off.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

8. Member
    Sounds to me like a couple people need some basic training in how transducers work, and why you have at least two of them.

$80,000 boats and no either understanding or dealer hand holding on how they work.

9. Member
    If it's new... make skeeter fix it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    If it's new... make skeeter fix it.
    I'd call humminbird... That's who makes it. Skeeter just glues them in the hull.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

11. Member
    I have a 2019 FX 21 LE , my 2d wouldn't work on my solix at all. They glued 3 replacements some would work for a while but would loose depth at 20mph. The hull had a problem that was verified by fiberglass shop and confirmed by skeeter. They wouldn't fix it. They would have to make me a new hull. So cover your butt, make them do their work. My solution was mounting a transom mount 2d. Mine now works at any speed.. 73.5 mph GPS. Good Luck! (Covid Era also)

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    no, lol! Damn you have a REALLY new boat, maybe by then there will be high speed SI!
    my bad/mistype on the year!!!
    I know its sounds foolish to even ask but hell, Its brand new LOL ... first time with all the really high end electronics. My last boat was a 2007
    I've been out of the loop a while.
    I am familiar with how standard transducers work, just not up to warp speed on the High Zook Si, DI, MOON imaging, SUN imaging, super freak nasty see fish breathing transducers be working or their abilities at higher speeds,, Now, thanks to you fine gents problem solved! EASY PEASY
    I've never had a problem with asking questions about things i don't know about.
    I will say, this boat if FRICKEN INSANLY Nice.
    Last edited by RifleMan; 05-20-2024 at 07:33 PM.
    2023 Skeeter FXR 21 APEX
    250 SHO

13. Member
    deleted
    2023 Skeeter FXR 21 APEX
    250 SHO