Thread: Force problems

Force problems

I’m still getting used to the Force as it came with the boat I bought. Sun my motor engagement button stopped working and the remote was not being cooperative either. To say it was difficult to fish in the wind is an understatement. What might be the problem here?

Call Garmin, their support is outstanding. I've not experienced that issue with mine.
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

Make sure the head unit does not get close to the coil of wires. That will cause an issue. Always make sure you have about 6 inches of clearance. The Garmin support is very good.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Batfish View Post
    I’m still getting used to the Force as it came with the boat I bought. Sun my motor engagement button stopped working and the remote was not being cooperative either. To say it was difficult to fish in the wind is an understatement. What might be the problem here?
    Sorry to hear! The Force can be problematic for some. GARMIN support is the best.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s with Blue tooth for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger, Minn Kota Quest TM.

5. Member
    Garmin said use an air gun to clean around the momentary switch. If that doesn’t work, update. I said I don’t care to update and he replied with,” Ny law we cannot warrantee a product until it is updated”.
    So. My next question is, do you think I need to update all the products or just the Force? I read so many bad comments about updates, I’m hesitant.

6. Member
    I update all my Garmin units (Force, 4 Echomap 126SV and a Zumo) anytime there are updates and never have had a problem. Since you are having an issue with the Force and don't like to update then just update the Force. What have you got to lose?
    Last edited by Keinspiel; 06-07-2024 at 12:03 PM.

2022 Vexus VX20
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keinspiel View Post
    I update all my Garmin units (Force, 4 Echomap 126SV and a Zumo) anytime there are updates and never have had a problem. Since you are having an issue with the Force and don't like to update then just update the Force. What have you got to lose?
    That’s what I was thinking. I have nothing to lose as my PP Move is being installed next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Batfish View Post
    That’s what I was thinking. I have nothing to lose as my PP Move is being installed next week.
    Good call.
    You would have thought by now Garmin would have that Force dialed in.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s with Blue tooth for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger, Minn Kota Quest TM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Good call.
    You would have thought by now Garmin would have that Force dialed in.
    If a problem with the switch is not getting it dialed in then minnkota been in game a lot longer and still haven't dialed there's in and there's more than likely someone with move problems too

Quote Originally Posted by 2dwoods View Post
    If a problem with the switch is not getting it dialed in then minnkota been in game a lot longer and still haven't dialed there's in and there's more than likely someone with move problems too
    The Force isn’t a switch problem. Garmin replaced everything in my case and it still wasn’t right. Garmin techs couldn’t tell me one way or another. Just a bad TM I guess. The Force has just been problematic since its introduction. Friend of mine had one on his Ranger. He hated it so bad he sold the boat. After 3 yrs of Owner ship it had to go along with the cracked Vexus hull it was attached too. Sold the whole mess. The Quest has been perfect so far. They all can have issues for sure.

11. Member
    The Force isn’t a switch problem. Garmin replaced everything in my case and it still wasn’t right. Garmin techs couldn’t tell me one way or another. Just a bad TM I guess. The Force has just been problematic since its introduction. Friend of mine had one on his Ranger. He hated it so bad he sold the boat. After 3 yrs of Owner ship it had to go along with the cracked Vexus hull it was attached too. Sold the whole mess. The Quest has been perfect so far. They all can have issues for sure.
    I had a force on my 2019 z20 and i had no complaints other than the spotlock at times and the backing up crap that it would do. My 2022 ranger had a MK terrova and i absolutely hated the foot pedal and the way it deployed. I run all garmin graphs but had narrowed down to a force or the ultrex quest. I went with the force and after 1 trip it seems to have greatly improved with the spotlock. Who knows what will happen on trip number 2 but i was well pleased with it on the first trip.
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

Glad I didn't drink the Vexus Kool-Aid when I was looking for a new boat. My old Tracker Grizzly took a beating on some rough water and never cracked.

As for the Force, guess I got a good one. On my second year and zero issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Glad I didn't drink the Vexus Kool-Aid when I was looking for a new boat. My old Tracker Grizzly took a beating on some rough water and never cracked.

As for the Force, guess I got a good one. On my second year and zero issues.
    That Vexus was a gift that just kept on giving. Haha! You dodged a bullet for sure. Another 1980 on the Vexus forum with a possible cracked hull.
    Buddy is a Garmin beta tester. His Force works perfect and the reason I got one in the first place.