Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    ok i look at it

2. Member
    Savage where is post #12 i cant seem to find it

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnorton View Post
    Savage where is post #12 i cant seem to find it
    Count down 12 posts from the first post you made.

4. Member
    ok thanks

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnorton View Post
    You saying run it and pull one plug wire at a time see if any change happens. if so i would assume that if there is no change then that the cylinder i have issue with. i got an appt to get into shop in two weeks just cuz i dont have the time to to try something and test as soon as i do it. but will continue to tinker till that day comes. Could i put lower unit in barrel and crank and pull plug wires one at a time to see which one is bad if any are.
    I said nothing about pulling a plug wire. I said pull the plugs after running it to see what they look like. If one is wet or full of soot it would narrow it down to that cylinder. And I don't mean just idle it it must be run and acting up.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM in Post# 12
    Not a bad idea to carry a timing light out with you, get it good and hot (confirm it's not performing as you expect) and then clip to one plug wire at a time to confirm a clean, flashing pattern.
    ^^^^ There you go

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    are you taking about the light that hooks to coil and to spark plug wire and light flashes with the spark. if so i have done that and all looked to be normal

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No. A timing light has an Inductive Pickup that clamps AROUND the plug wire and provides a signal for the light to flash. Plug wire is still connected just like it came from the factory throughout the entire process.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    10/4 if the problem is the same all the time does it matter if they motor is hot or can it be check at idle at the house

10. Member
    ThrottlePlate.jpg
    so where this .020 is on mine i got a .097 that means my hotfoot not right and im not getting wot correct

11. Member
    Check for worn parts like the roller first, then follow the procedure below.

Click on this >>>>>Hotfoot Setup & Adjustment

12. Member
    10/4 but that would be the case right if those numbers are accurate

13. Member
    not gonna cause it to run rough at 3500 and wont gain 300-500 rpm on top , adjust throttle stop on engine first with cable disconnected then adjust HF , report back with results please
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    not gonna cause it to run rough at 3500 and wont gain 300-500 rpm on top , adjust throttle stop on engine first with cable disconnected then adjust HF , report back with results please
    yeah i know something else is goin on also for the 4500 rpm problem but noticed that last night and was curious. i should gain some rpms on top tho if im not getting full throttle tho correct

15. Member
    will be minimal
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

16. Member
    10/4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12