AVX189 New Electronics

Anyone got any install pointers on switching out the Hook 7’s for new units? Installing Garmin 106 at console, not as easy as I expected. Any pointers on transducer replacement and running new wiring to the console would be MUCH appreciated! The power cable install was cake, but I can’t get the transducer cable to budge. Is there another zip tie I need to cut hidden closer to the tube?

2. Member
    I dont know the layout of your AVX but are you using fiberglass rod fishtape by any chance? Those were a big help with my install.

3. BBC SPONSOR

We offer a console mount if you are replacing a flush mounted unit in the dash!

https://precisionsonar.com/products/vxcms

4. Member
    I finally got the cable through, it did not go smoothly, but I made it work. Lots of back and forth with the 80 lb. braid I tied on and connected it with electrical tape. I also used clear silicone to seal the screws and the hole where the transducer cable ran through. Looks like it's gonna work. The black thru-hull adapter for the transducer cable is made by "Seachoice" I believe. I wish it was easier to find the exact part Vexus is using as well as where to get it. I found one that was to thin, so I had to use the old one.