Thread: Avid 21xb

Avid 21xb

Not a lot of info on this boat out there, presumably because the company is so new. I'm planning to update boats (currently running a Ranger RT198p) at the beginning of next season and the Avid 21XB is high on the list. I have a dealer within 4 miles of me and would like to support a Mississippi company. I crappie fish 90% of the time and usually have 1-2 folks with me, so space/stability/ride/handling are priority (don't care if it runs 60 or 70 mph). Looking for feedback from current owners, thanks.

Reb

2. Member
    I think they might do a factory tour. They build Avid in Amory MS.

3. Banned
    Get one with the SHO instead or a Mercury.

4. Member
    I’m seriously thinking about one.
    Watching a few on the lake.

5. Member
    I have one,its a big boat, handles Toledo Bend well, has alot of room

6. Member
    im thinking of avid xb 20 or a vexus 2080-- not highjacking any guys have opinions on the options chime in; im gonna look at the 2 next few days marine dealer hour north of me

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    im thinking of avid xb 20 or a vexus 2080-- not highjacking any guys have opinions on the options chime in; im gonna look at the 2 next few days marine dealer hour north of me
    i have an opinion, though you know what they say about opinions! Vexus doesnt have a good track record so far at all! Id steer clear…

8. Member
    They are nice boats for sure, I would love to have one with a Yamaha on it.

9. Member
    I have been in the 18C,20XB,and the 21XB.They are all great boats.Mark Miller Marine in Glasgow ,Kentucky is a Avid dealer and have the 21XB in stock.

10. Member
    Took a factory tour yesterday. I've been around the marine industry literally my entire life - my father owned a dealership for 20 years. I have never seen a more dedicated, passionate, strategic and innovative team than what I saw yesterday. Not only are they building an extremely high quality product with the end user 100% in mind, they're constantly looking for ways to improve their product and offer the most economical and affordable option they can. They've got some really neat initiatives in the works that I believe will set them apart from the competition. What impressed me the most was some of the inconsequential things they are doing to and within their boats that will make the boating and fishing experience even better. Most of what I am referring to (i.e. what I saw) are things that add very little, if any, cost to the product but really put their boats in a different league. Ya'll give Avid a look...I'm convinced they're a game changer.

11. Member
    I have a 18xc. It handles rougher water really well for a 18 footer. Everyone that has been in my boat was very impressed with the ride quality and how it fishes. It’s finished out well, and runs good, even with a 90 sho. (Rated for 115.) Mine with a 90 has touched 48mph loaded light with good water, 1/4 tank of fuel, and a 20pitch talon ss prop. 44-46mph is the norm. Like Jesse said, highly recommend anyone in the area do their shopping with mark miller marine in Glasgow. Ask for Ricky Elmore.
    Last edited by 02gtvertible; 07-04-2024 at 09:14 PM.