Leaving the RV at a seasonal campground

Does anyone leave their travel trailer parked at a seasonal campground for 6 months? The wife and I are thinking of leaving ours in Tennessee and driving to it, with the boat, a couple times a month.

Yes, we do, but we stay 3 to 4 months straight during the summer season

2009 ELITE 210

3. Member
    We left one at a campground in Cherokee, N.C. for a year many years ago. My late wife worked for the Postal Service 5 1/2 days a week so we didn't have enough time to spend there.

We used to leave our Camper at a storage facility right on Tablerock all year long.
    We did it that way for years and it worked out really well for us when we had the boat.

Dont have the boat any more but thinking of doing the same thing again with the new camper we have just to cut time and costs down.

5. Member
    I had one at Fanchers on Douglas for 16 years. Only time it was moved was when it was set up and after to replace it after a major hail storm. Turn gas and water off. Make sure you relieve the pressure from the lines in case you don't get back before freeze and you should be good.
    I am a Crankbait junkie...I'm in a program...It ain't helping!

6. Member
    I kept one on KY Lake for many years at three different campgrounds at the north end of the lake. I got tired of paying to have it moved when high lake levels threatened to flood it. RV's also need constant attention particularly paying attention to leaks. I sold the camper and rented a small apartment with a carport at a senior community a mile from a nice boat ramp. I missed being on the lake but did not miss the problems associated with RV ownership. I ultimately downsized and sold my house in Illinois and moved to the apartment full time.