Thread: NH lake ideas

NH lake ideas

Good evening , thinking of doing some jig fishing this weekend. Anyone have any favorite jig lakes in NH?
    Red Sox in 6!

Squam
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

3. Member
    Good idea
    Red Sox in 6!

I like to find some deeper sand grass with some bait in it, and throw 1/2 to 3/4 oz jigs on them, or let a senko sink slowly and forget the jigs lol, or put a wacky senko on a jig for a faster fall.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP

5. Member
    Good casting jig water means target fishing laydowns and boulders to me. Clement has some deep pines. Massasecum has the big rocks, as does Island. I've given my soul to Zoom Baby Brush Hogs, so I haven't thrown a structure jig in a month.

Good luck Phil, I hope you guys catch a bunch
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

7. Member
    Russ want to try Glen lake so will update tomorrow evening
    Red Sox in 6!

8. Member
    We struggled all day even with some on the water help from Tim. Water was right around 80 and wind stayed strong all day. Fairly Sandy shoreline in some spots and one of those lakes where waters 15ft deep 15ft from shore . Pitched docks sitting in good depth and only managed one on wood/docks. Went looking for bait balls with limited success,drop shotted for a couple of hours and caught three sunfish drop shotting a dice lure. Near end of day one of Tim’s tips worked worked for a couple of small keepers.
    Red Sox in 6!

Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    We struggled all day even with some on the water help from Tim. Water was right around 80 and wind stayed strong all day. Fairly Sandy shoreline in some spots and one of those lakes where waters 15ft deep 15ft from shore . Pitched docks sitting in good depth and only managed one on wood/docks. Went looking for bait balls with limited success,drop shotted for a couple of hours and caught three sunfish drop shotting a dice lure. Near end of day one of Tim’s tips worked worked for a couple of small keepers.
    Tim helping to bring the average down?

Yup, that's me.
    Phil you should done the opposite of everything I said.
    Last edited by TMG; 08-11-2024 at 11:14 AM.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP

I think I edited your post instead of quoting it by accident.
    Not only do I suck at fishing
    I also can't post correctly
    Last edited by TMG; 08-11-2024 at 12:15 PM.
    Anthrax

11. Member
    Fished Kezar on Saturday for 4 hrs. Got a few in the inlet and some of the other emergent grassbeds. Found a small area with a minimal grass line from 8' to 11' - got a few C-rigging the deep edge (and two good ones off the one deep-ish protrusion of rock that I found in an hours sidescanning). Changed over to a Neko rig - much better in the fragile grass - but didn't slay with it. There is very little for the offshore guy to fall in love with here... I did come across a massive school of crappie in 14'-16', and wore them out with a FF Sonar Minnow. Good place to get groceries for a fish fry.

Headed to an off-grid pond for the annual kayak trip with the guys Sunday. It's an acidic bog (Sundew and Pitcher plants at the waters edge), with a generally stunted population of LM. The four of us accounted for 102 of them, with the biggest - 4# even, being caught by myself and also by another crew member - IDK what that fish was thinking! Next biggest was 2.5#, and it fell off rapidly from there.

Nice job Eric. Sounds like a good weekend
    Anthrax

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    Good evening , thinking of doing some jig fishing this weekend. Anyone have any favorite jig lakes in NH?
    Late to the party but Otter Lake in Greenfield has been good to me this year pitching jigs into all the offshore pond cabbage. Nothing BIG big, but quite a few 4+ lbers and some heavy 3's.

14. Member
    Appreciated Sean
    Red Sox in 6!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel Northern Bass View Post
    Late to the party but Otter Lake in Greenfield has been good to me this year pitching jigs into all the offshore pond cabbage. Nothing BIG big, but quite a few 4+ lbers and some heavy 3's.
    Nice going - wish there was more Pondweed in Otter

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    Nice going - wish there was more Pondweed in Otter
    Place was bad for a long time, then the milfoil really exploded about 6 years ago and the average weights were going up by about a 1/2 pound every year. Went 10+ years without a giant out of that lake, then for 3 years straight it was insanely good when the milfoil was spreading pretty good in two areas. Then they chemically nuked the whole damn lake, and the last two years were pretty rough. This year it bounced back again as the pond cabbage is doing really well. It's starting to grow in a bunch of new areas out there.