XRS Merc to SHO set up

Just took the 250 merc 4stroke off and replaced with a new 250 SHO. Manual HydroDynamics JP. Lost 5 mph and boat is not on pad at 6000 rpm, 74 mph. Does anyone know how much I need to lift the JP?
    Thanks
    KB

2. Member
    Need more info
    prop
    prop to pad
    power poles
    Size of jack plate

That gearcase has less bow lift. You might lower the motor, try a better bow lifting prop, more diameter/cup, etc.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Not sure what set up you are running but my xrs/sho runs best with 16" set back. As stated above some more info is needed to help. I run a cheap ole 24 scorpion worked by Brian Lacoste and it is an absolute animal. My motor is flashed though.
    Last edited by SUSHII; 08-19-2024 at 06:22 AM.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

5. Member
    Sorry I did not add more info because I didn't change anything except the motor. 15" setback, 28Bravo 1 XS out of the box new. 10 foot blades on Hydrilla Gear brackets (I understood these sere the only ones that fit.....and they barely allow for the cowling width) All lithium batteries (4). Who is the Bullet set up guru I could call. Been in Gboats and Sterling my whole life until this past 11 months.

6. Member
    I run basically that exact same set up. I do run the power pole move which is very light in comparison to the other trollers so it helps with lifting the bow. My boat came with a 28 bravo xs and it was an absolute dog. I run anywhere from 3/4" below to even depending on conditions and what I am trying to do. I am no guru by any means but I am very pleased with what I have now. I have run mine 85 at 6800 with awesome holeshot and midrange.

Chris Conley at Anglers Outpost probably has the most XRS/SHO experience of anyone out there.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

7. Member
    You can run the SHO higher, need a 27 razor 4xl for the best performance. Start at 1/2" below pad but be careful to start with, depending on your load you want to make sure not too high or she wont bite good. The SHO is better in midrange than the merc