Dexter trailer buddy

Putting new brakes on the Rangertrail trailer (1988 model) and installing the above. I have read the instructions and it says blue ring should move 1/8” when grease is full. On the hub below, it looks like more than 1/8” to me and it is not supposed to be able to be pushed in, but I can. On the next hub it doesn’t look like 1/8” and it can’t be pushed in. Anyone use Dexter trailer buddy’s before that can tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    The one that’s moving might have an air pocket inside it sometimes you drive it and then pump a little bit in after you drive it to push the blue disk out and then never touch it again. (Unless it leaks at seal) if you hand packed the bearings properly, it shouldn’t need anything at this point. Those are the best bearings buddies on the market. I’ll buy them from Basscat and had them on my first two boats--check seal for leaks for the first couple trips. After that you shouldn’t have to do anything for a few yrs but check for a leak randomly at real seal mostly
    Last edited by mactlman; 08-24-2024 at 07:33 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Mactlman, thank you, I appreciate it and may God bless you! Have a blessed weekend.