Thread: Here I Go Again

Here I Go Again

3 weeks ago strained/sprained my right forearm messing with a calf, then playing 18 3 days in a row. Bruising is almost all gone, but elbow feels like it did before I had a debriment years ago, so off to primary care tomorrow to get a referral for what I am fairly certain will be an operation. Plus hernia scar on right side has been aching, surgeon checked it and no hernia, but said rest for weeks.

So no golf for awhile, really happy I got a new set of irons and putter in April….them things have about 7 rounds on them and are going to rust before I get play regularly!

Maybe I need to remember I am 63 not 23 and slow down a little.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    3 weeks ago strained/sprained my right forearm messing with a calf, then playing 18 3 days in a row. Bruising is almost all gone, but elbow feels like it did before I had a debriment years ago, so off to primary care tomorrow to get a referral for what I am fairly certain will be an operation. Plus hernia scar on right side has been aching, surgeon checked it and no hernia, but said rest for weeks.

So no golf for awhile, really happy I got a new set of irons and putter in April….them things have about 7 rounds on them and are going to rust before I get play regularly!

Maybe I need to remember I am 63 not 23 and slow down a little.
    Why do you think you will need another surgery? I am 33 and I get all kinds of weird pain after picking this game back up. I will say though, one of the reasons I have played so much is it has fixed my back pain that I was really dealing with. Think the stretching out and rotation has helped a ton. But I do get the weird sore L calf pain that feels like a strain every once in awhile. Just kind of annoying for a day or two. I get the lower rib pain on the right side. But I will get some serious left leg/calf pain. I figure the more I play, the less it will happen. But golf is tough tough on the body. Swinging at high speed, most muscles in the body rotating at once, and then you send a shockwave of vibration through your body when you hit the ball and ground. Theres a reason Jack Nicklaus has spoke highly of stem cell treatment for his back and why tiger is a couple years away from needing a walker to get around the course. No one said to play this game if you want to keep your joints and back in tact. But damn... this game is addicting lol.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DucksnBobs View Post
    Why do you think you will need another surgery? I am 33 and I get all kinds of weird pain after picking this game back up. I will say though, one of the reasons I have played so much is it has fixed my back pain that I was really dealing with. Think the stretching out and rotation has helped a ton. But I do get the weird sore L calf pain that feels like a strain every once in awhile. Just kind of annoying for a day or two. I get the lower rib pain on the right side. But I will get some serious left leg/calf pain. I figure the more I play, the less it will happen. But golf is tough tough on the body. Swinging at high speed, most muscles in the body rotating at once, and then you send a shockwave of vibration through your body when you hit the ball and ground. Theres a reason Jack Nicklaus has spoke highly of stem cell treatment for his back and why tiger is a couple years away from needing a walker to get around the course. No one said to play this game if you want to keep your joints and back in tact. But damn... this game is addicting lol.
    Let’s just say I have had a bunch of joint surgeries over the years. You are right about the physicality of the game. While I prefer the big divot, lots of back spin, I can stop the ball with more of a sweeping swing. I have purposely slowed down my swing to control the ball better. My problem is 4-7irons where I seem to take out big chucks of the globe, maybe I need to choke up a bit on these shots.