Thread: Tatulas ??????

Tatulas ??????

I'm looking to buy a couple of Tatulas and they just keep coming out with new ones. I have a Tatula 100, not the 23 model the earlier one. Now I'm looking at the Tat's with the SV spool. They just came out with new ones this year. I like the TASV103, the one with different color trim but the 103 series is now discontinued. I don't care for the new Tatula TATU 100, I don't like the spool tension knob, it's too hard for my big fingers to adjust it. Suggestions ?

thanks
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

Tatula is a "legacy" brand at this point. Tatula is here to stay, so is the zero adjust system.

Having spent a lot of time with the Tatula line over the years, and now with the newest 2024 SV versions, I'll offer a little insight.

The brand new 2024 Tatula SV TW 150 is the closest to the original 2017 Tatula SV TW in frame size. Like the 2024 Tatula SV TW 100, they both feature two significant upgrades.

1. SV Boost spool (longer casting with great control)
    2. Hyperdrive system (gear set design and protection improvement)

The 24 100 size is based off the newest Tatula TW 100 frame, so it's smaller and more compact - think of it as the SV version of the current Tatula TW 100.
    The 24 150 size is based off the original 17 Tatula SV TW frame, a little larger to accommodate additional line capacity, with SV Boost and Hyperdrive.

In my experience so far, smoothness and casting distance in both models is superior to previous model Tatula SV reels. Regarding skipping capabilities, I'd give the nod to the 17 and 20 models over the newest 24 models so far. This is to be expected with SV Boost spools in general however. My initial take away is that these are the best "general purpose" Tatula SV's made so far.

3. Member
    All of the new Tatulas have the zero adjust tension knob. Once you set it where there’s just a little side play, you shouldn’t ever have to adjust it again.

4. Member
    I have the 150 size and I am amazed how well it casts and how smooth it is on the retrieve. I also have the Zillion SVTW G and absolutely love it but in my old hands I really can discern very little difference between the Zillion and the Tatula. Both amazing reels!

Thanks All.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO