Thread: Livescope noise

Livescope noise

I have two Livescopes. One at console looks amazing, zero noise

The other on however has all this noise. Same exact settings. Only difference is one is mounted at now (with noise) and the other at console. The noise seems to have appeared a few weeks ago.

Anyone else have this issue ?

2. Member
    Could be your on the same frequency as different brand like garmin bird crosstalk go in your fish finder menu and look. If that's not the fix look at this next > I spoke to Garmin tech on the phone about water grounding ! I have a degree in Electronics myself . There is more than one type of ground there is a Earth Ground or Water ground . The battery in your boat is grounded to your motor and the motor is in the water so yes you are water grounded for - or + DC voltage . RF" Radio Frequency has no path but to ground because it is looking for path of least resistance to ground . The Black box GL 10 has a Grounding screw on the back this is a earth ground symbol all the new garmin fish finder units now have a grounding screw on back earth ground or water ground on a boat . If you ground the grounding screw to the - battery wire then any RF can travel into your battery now the RF will find ground through your motor in the water but it is fighting its way because of all the extra negative charge the RF is adding .The positive side will get push this can cause static also the Rf is going through battery and to positive side and its still not all gone to ground this is interference.
    Some boats have a water ground in the hull some have a water ground plate under dash there is a name for it I forgot . If you connect a High power ship to shore radio the case grounding screw to the negative on the battery . If the radio was use and turned on to pick up talk in harbor there is a good chance you will burn up the battery or damage the radio . Also remember on the Garmin back bone you connect only 1 power supply 12 volts dc to all the fish finders on network . You have to buy a adaptor to add another power supply to network . You can have up to 1.67 volts voltage drop . Then you have to put in a Voltage blocking adaptor for net work . All the new Blue Tooth devices are being added to boats now so now a straight path to ground may be needed if you have interference problem if not ! GO Fishing Good Luck Mate
    Last edited by On top; 08-30-2024 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by padronanniversary View Post
    I have two Livescopes. One at console looks amazing, zero noise

The other on however has all this noise. Same exact settings. Only difference is one is mounted at now (with noise) and the other at console. The noise seems to have appeared a few weeks ago.

Anyone else have this issue ?
    You need to re-word your question as it is confusing, or answer these questions. Pics of what you are seeing would help a lot.

What unit is on bow?
    What Livescope transducer is on bow and where is it mounted?
    When does interference happen? All the time or when trolling motor is on?
    What battery is going to the bow unit and black box?

What unit at console?
    What Livescope transducer is used and where is it mounted?
    Are units connected through Ethernet cable?
    What battery is going to the console unit and black box?

Hmmmmm. I run a Garmin 93 sv for Live Scope and a Garmin 93 UHD w/GT56 for down and side view. Both are at the Bow. I have a 12V 95ah lithium for the 2 graphs up front and a Raymarine Axium 9rv and Lowrance 5hds at the console. I was having interference when using the Trolling Motor on the down and side view. I read all the posts on grounding the GLS10 box so I ran a wire from the NEG of my lithium battery to the NEG of my starting battery and SHAZAM no more interference !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Vatrer Lithium / V-T2 Vents

5. Member