Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcfish View Post
    *too

Does 13 pages of this really matter. There is nothing anyone here can do about anything discussed. Y'all might make a small difference but the problems are bigger and alot are all tied together. Complaining about stuff you cannot control only raises blood pressure and causes other health issues. Like I said in my original post. The sun will rise tomorrow. Y'all enjoy your weekend.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

3. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    if the internet was a thing in the 60's or 70's this exact conversation would have taken place... Nobody on that thread would have had a clue either..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Wow, you just expressed perfect example of government programs that don’t work, and private ones that do.

5. Member
    Paid off truck?

You must be a wealthy white male.
    Your on fire today!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bairn View Post
    However, if there is a correction, he starts 13k higher, hopefully leaving him in a better position than when the correction ends, even if it’s just a wee bit.
    Make some, lose a little, come out ahead in the long run
    Fair enough, you're cherry picking just like I did. It just grinds my gears when people say I made "x" amount of money today in my 401 when in actuality they could lose all those gains the next day. It's just a shining example of the people who refuse to admit how f'd up everything is right now. Right down to a certain party giving 14 million American voters the finger and installing their own pawn. I can't for the life of me grasp how people are OK with that. Anybody who doesn't believe inflation is affecting millions of households has their head up their ass or has a severe case of TDS.....

7. Member
    Well if the US is going to default then that is all the green light I need to buy a new boat since the bonds won't be worth much.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    Well if the US is going to default then that is all the green light I need to buy a new boat since the bonds won't be worth much.
    sure BUT the question is WHEN? could be next year could be another decade or more, you feel lucky?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrat View Post
    sure BUT the question is WHEN? could be next year could be another decade or more, you feel lucky?
    I am not taking chances. Will pull the trigger in the next 6 months.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    I was offered nice Ribeye steaks right outside the local grocery stores in Birmingham for half price.
    How were they?
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    You guys in the southern states sure do appear to live around, know, or see alot drug dealers, drug addicts and con-men. There's churches around me that hand out food to the needy. I've never seen luxury cars parked out front. I see alot of old people getting food.
    Meth is a big problem in rural areas here in the south. We also have drug gang issues. Con-men? I guess if you consider professional pan-handlers to be con men (I do), yeah we got a bunch of those too.

12. Member
    So whats your answer. Atleast Larellline admits doesn't have the answer, and I certainly don't have the 100% answer, but I'm good with trying for a partial answer. And it is certainly working for many families.
    Some type of fraud enforcement would b a good start. Also in this county all kids get free breakfast and lunch. I am not against this but it does give the parents more money to spend on drugs lotto and alcohol.

13. Member
    Then why do you think that you need to run your contributions through a government bureaucracy before the intended recipients receive it?
    Yep he could always find a couple needy families to help.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Some type of fraud enforcement would b a good start. Also in this county all kids get free breakfast and lunch. I am not against this but it does give the parents more money to spend on drugs lotto and alcohol.
    And tattoo's, ever seen them without several. They're not cheap unless they got them in jail/prison!
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

15. Member
    I think most of us would agree that no kid in America should be hungry with our abundance of food. As you mentioned, feeding kids in school is an efficient option but still leaves gaps for under age children and during the summer time. Hard to come up with an alternative that doesn't punish the kids for the sins of the parents.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Milton Friedman and Tom Sowell were fond of saying that no government program exists, including programs to combat poverty, unless they primarily benefit the middle and upper classes. It's simple to demonstrate if you do the math. Amount of money spend on poverty programs divided by the number poor. The result is a huge amount of money. Apparently the poor are not receiving that money or they wouldn't be poor. The vast majority of money spent on poverty programs goes not to the poor but to the middle class people who administer the programs.
    Those are two very smart men. And they nailed it.

17. Member
    One of the bigger and more successful govt programs that feeds children happens in a school's cafeteria.

I won't paint poor people as drug addicts, but you do you. I know the system gets abused by some, but do you know that these assistance programs helps more people?
    You seem awfully excited about spending other people's money.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    Stereotype much? I never said I live around, know, or see alot drug dealers, drug addicts and con-men. Don't know a single one.

We have as many or more churches per capita as anywhere else in the US and if you don't think MD doesn't have alot drug dealers, drug addicts and con-men then you really do live in a cocoon.
    Isn’t Baltimore in MD ?.

19. Member
    Isn’t Baltimore in MD ?.
    Last time I checked it was.
    Hi Mike.

20. Member
    Those are two very smart men. And they nailed it.
    Love watching videos of Thomas Sowell. Wish he would run for office but he is too smart for that. He worked at the Bureau of labor statistics I believe when he was young so he has a very good insight into how government functions.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast