Thread: stereo help

stereo help

Hey guys
    2024 pantera classic

My first cat ..anyways would like to add a stereo for slow days..I was wondering where everyone is running the speaker wires etc? also do the compartment tubs come out to allow for wire running underneath?
    thanks in advance
    mark

2. Member
    Just my two cents...

I have a stero in my Puma STS and also had one in my Cougar before this. If I were looking at adding one to a boat that didn't already have one, I'd save my money and buy a quality Bluetooth speaker instead. The stero system in my boat is nice to just be able to flip on, but the sound quality is lacking.

EDIT: That's not a knock on BassCat. It's just the result of mounting speakers in the empty hull of a boat. You could probably look at adding some filler behind the speaker to improve the sound a little bit, but I'd be worried about the filler moving around eventually.
    Last edited by TNReb; 09-23-2024 at 02:03 PM.
    2023 Puma STS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    Just my two cents...

I have a stero in my Puma STS and also had one in my Cougar before this. If I were looking at adding one to a boat that didn't already have one, I'd save my money and buy a quality Bluetooth speaker instead. The stero system in my boat is nice to just be able to flip on, but the sound quality is lacking.
    100% agree, get a good outdoor speaker and bluetooth to your phone. I had one build in my stratos and never used it as I always used the speaker.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Thankyou,,, excellent advice

5. Member
    JBL clip 5.water proof. $85 Mine sounds good in the rod locker. Stays out of the sun and dry. All colors probably a color to match the boat. Amazon has a few for under $25 but I have not tried them.

6. Member
    I have a Bose Mini II for the boat or beach, but to be honest I wear my Shox headset connected to an audio book or XM radio via my phone most of the time.

https://shokz.com/pages/openrun

7. Member
    Thankyou …great info

I love my stereo in the boat.

Sounds great.

Ordered to vote new so I build it exactly how I ordered it if I didn’t already have the stereo, I would simply grab one of the Bluetooth speakers out there and be done with it

I would look at turtle box as my first choice
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo