Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I have been told by more then one tin boat dealers, it’s aluminum, it will flex and at some point crack somewhere. You just hope it’s not structural.
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    You just hope it’s not structural.[/QUOTE]

Even if it is you can repair it quickly compared to a glass boat. Everything has its trade offs! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

3. Member
    So is Xpress the king of bad welds?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat's Dad View Post
    So is Xpress the king of bad welds?
    IMHO no, like anything else it depends on who welded it. Was it their experienced welder who is paid well and been there for years or is it a new hire learning the trade. Mine cracked because of the P/O hitting a stump in a river, so not a welds fault as I see it. It was a marginal weld because of the lack of filler but would have held except for the hit just to the edge of the seam. They are made by humans so anything can happen! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

5. Member
    Wish I listened to myself - I have an H18 now - great boat but I should have waited for a fiberglass boat instead - just a little too light for big waves. Perfect otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastie View Post
    Wish I listened to myself - I have an H18 now - great boat but I should have waited for a fiberglass boat instead - just a little too light for big waves. Perfect otherwise.
    One of the reasons I purchased a CX18ss but I did look at and drive a H18.

7. Member
    alluminum boats an glass boats if you take care of them an dont pound them in 3 ft waves will stay together if you dont you will have problems with all of them.

8. DINK CATCHER
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    alluminum boats an glass boats if you take care of them an dont pound them in 3 ft waves will stay together if you dont you will have problems with all of them.
    My rule is to keep the ride at least mostly soft because I don't like getting beat to death either.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO that's optioned to fit my wants and pulled by a little Ram.

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12