Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbigbaits View Post
    I had the oil changed on my Shelby at the Ford dealer a few weeks ago and it was $165. Funny story an older car porter guy over 50 years old had to drive it back to the service bay. He was the only guy around who could drive a manual transmission.
    I had to drive my Vette into the service bay a couple years ago, the one guy was running late….consider it your anti-theft device.

2. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Own a 2018 ram 1500 4x. Oil change is a piece of cake. Takes me 20 mins, tops. Zip lock over the filter trick works awesome, no mess. Oil pan plug isn’t over anything, pop that, while it’s draining get the filter out and replace, put plug back in pan. Unscrew catch can and drain, reinstall. Add pennzoil ultra platinum. Done.
    I did install one of those valve/plug things that you connect a hose to and that made it much easier.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Own a 2018 ram 1500 4x. Oil change is a piece of cake. Takes me 20 mins, tops. Zip lock over the filter trick works awesome, no mess. Oil pan plug isn’t over anything, pop that, while it’s draining get the filter out and replace, put plug back in pan. Unscrew catch can and drain, reinstall. Add pennzoil ultra platinum. Done.
    it’s much harder with the redesigned model starting in 2019 and up
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    it’s much harder with the redesigned model starting in 2019 and up
    It’s a little more cramped, nothing crazy. If I owned a newer model I’d just do the filter location change mod. Worth it in the long run.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

5. Expert at Retired Ranger Skipper's Avatar
    Spent $112 at the GMC dealership today for the same service Jim and that was with a 10% discount coupon. Without that it would have been over $120.

The 6.2 holds 8 quarts so there is that. Service guy told me I needed a cabin air filter, engine air filter and a serpentine belt. They wanted $150 additional for all of that. Stopped by O'Reilly's one the way home and picked up all three for $90. Had them changed in 20 minutes.

6. DINK CATCHER
    I have T-Rex arms. Filter placement isn't very accommodating but somehow I manage. Only needs it once a year since I only drive 5000-6000 a year. Ultra Platinum and a really good filter gets used.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO that's optioned to fit my wants and pulled by a little Ram.

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

7. Member
    I had the oil changed on my 2015 Ram 1500 at the corner quick lube. Full synthetic for $84.

Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    That is what I do. It works pretty good. Still wish the oil didn't drain right onto the bar when the plug is pulled
    Dang, that was an issue all the way back to when I had an 04 and they still haven't corrected it?

Northern Cincinnati Ohio Close Enough like it or not its where I am
    I do love my 4Runners but!

The oil filter on the 2008 can be changed in less then a minute which includes opening the hood.

The oil filter on the 2023 is underneath to the left of the crank pulley. The problem they used pretty much the same skid plate as the 2008 4R. Theres no filter access unless you unbolt and remove the skid plate so that adds about 30 extra mintues just for removing the plate. I fixed that issue with a RCI plate that has a oil filter access built into it. So problem solved $350 later. Why couldn't they just leave it where it was.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

10. Member
    I consider changing my Oil, Filter and LUBE and Labor of Love on my Tundra. Mobil 1 Oil cost about $36 and add a Mobil 1 filter for additional $12 plus about $3 for Lucas Red n Tacky grease and I still consider it a bit expensive......LOL

Other items that I have addressed myself were changing lube oil in the front and rear differentials and the transfer case using Lucas Full Synthetic Lube. Spraying my parking brake fulcrum with Fluid Film and inspect my frame and spray FF on areas in need.

For engine air filters and cabin filters you guy should really consider RockAuto.com as they have the best Choices and PRICES. Actually I get almost all my parts from them now.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    I did install one of those valve/plug things that you connect a hose to and that made it much easier.
    I installed a Fumato brass drain valve on my Tacoma and enjoy not having to remove and replace the drain plug also.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12