Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DucksnBobs View Post
    Well gosh... when you bring common sense into play, you really know how to pee in someones cheerios (cough cough mine). You make a VERY valid point and I actually agree very much with the statement made. Who is to say that $600 putter putts any better than the one I got now? Thats where I get hung up the most. The new driver was only $225 and I got a 3w and 5w for $165 each. I will say, the technology is WAY BETTER than what I was using. So surely the new technology in the $600 putter should be guarantee dunks from 8 feet in.... right?

Since we are playing the common sense game... dont dare ask what one does with 6 perfectly good shotguns. The only answer you'll get is "Pull the trigger"
    6 shotguns? Those are rookie numbers here down South.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCat View Post
    Sorry I brought common sense into this… I got a whole new bag this spring, upgrading from a 1970’s Ping Putter, 2005 driver and 2010 irons. The new tech alone shaved off a couple strokes, add in a couple putting lessons and went from a 10 to 6 handicap in hurry. 2 hernia surgeries in the spring, and jacking up my arm 2 weeks ago have slowed my goal of getting to a 5. Not that many shotguns, but too many toys—good thing I’m retired and have time to use them all.
    Dont ever be sorry brining common sense into the grand scheme of things. Lord knows this world needs a lot more of it right now. One of my favorite sayings today... common sense aint so common anymore. So believe me when I say dont be sorry for bringing up a point that makes me look at a situation differently. I actually appreciate it. Sounds like you're a helluva golfer. Kudos to you and retirement. Only 32 more years for me, and then I hope to get to where you are at.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    6 shotguns? Those are rookie numbers here down South.
    LMAO right? Thank god for duck call collection, decoy making, soft plastic lure making and a thing called a wife. Otherwise I'd likely need a third safe for all the others I would of bought along the way.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DucksnBobs View Post
    Dont ever be sorry brining common sense into the grand scheme of things. Lord knows this world needs a lot more of it right now. One of my favorite sayings today... common sense aint so common anymore. So believe me when I say dont be sorry for bringing up a point that makes me look at a situation differently. I actually appreciate it. Sounds like you're a helluva golfer. Kudos to you and retirement. Only 32 more years for me, and then I hope to get to where you are at.
    Admiral Nimitz, after Iwo Jima, said “Uncommon valor was a common virtue” when speaking about the Marines actions Of course many years later some (often disgruntled) Marines adapted it to “Common sense was an uncommon virtue.”

5. Member
    I can't believe nobody mentioned the Jailbird Cruiser. Very hard to beat it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    I can't believe nobody mentioned the Jailbird Cruiser. Very hard to beat it.
    Not a fan of mallet putters, just personal preference.

But that zebra print would mess with me SO BAD! Not saying its not a nice putter, but I think that would be more of a distraction than anything. I notice theres quite a few on the tour.

I bought a milled see more putter platinum edition. I played around with one and liked the feel of it. I like that little rifle indicator they use. Also went with a center shaft because I am noticing I am way more of a SBST and want to give that a try. The indicator will be focused on while at the practice green, but doubt I will even see it or notice it on the course when playing, but I will focus REALLY hard what that feeling feels like when hitting straight putts. In the last 2 rounds, I have missed 8 birdie opportunities and I am noticing I am pulling my putts. On practice green I am solid, on the course it kind of falls apart. I cannot expect too much, only played 5 rounds since coming back to the game. It is going to take a lot more time than this. It may not even make the bag, but I do like that visual reference for practice. Who knows, could be a gimmic and I fell for it. But it was a REALLY good price, felt really good, and I said why not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12