Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I tried posting something on here about my brother and his kids and clearly Got flagged for some reason and was never posted . I’m a little confused by that cause it was about me and my family my brothers drug abuse and what not, surly wasn’t anything hateful or distasteful , it was about my family . Not sure why it was cancelled?

Last edited by GPtimes2; 09-20-2024 at 01:14 PM.
    Lowe Tahiti Deck Boat- Fish, Ski, Lounge- Rain or Shine

Matthew 7:7- Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hart80 View Post
    Who’s the moderator in here ?
    We don't have an appointed moderator, although Al Shields, who owns BBC, makes sure his rules are enforced and the forum operates respectfully and accordingly. CajunBass, Wayne was our previous moderator and he was excellent and informative, however, he had to take a leave for personal reason, so I have been helping by taking over the daily bible reading providing my opinion as a commentary, hence the forum is operating in the guidance of what Paul teaches us in Romans 12: 18 If it be possible, as much as it depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

4. Member
    I tried posting something on here about my brother and his kids and clearly Got flagged for some reason and was never posted . I’m a little confused by that cause it was about me and my family my brothers drug abuse and what not, surly wasn’t anything hateful or distasteful , it was about my family . Not sure why it was cancelled?
    Al Shields is the owner of BBC and has some strict rules he needs to operated the business in today's environment, and he is the only one that can remove your post. Please contact him via PM for a personal explanation.
    Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
    Grace and peace
    Frank

I think posting are instantaneous and after a moderator (or Al) read it a discission would come to delete it. If it never showed up, even for a minute, maybe something else went wrong. You may want to try again, unless you have found out why or have been told not to since then.

Matthew 7:7- Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you

6. Member
    It stated it was going to be looked at by moderator before posting and it was instantly. . There was no hate in it ,it was about my brother and his struggles and then passed to his kids so it made me think it was hard to believe once saved always saved . I get it if I was slander one of you guys or your family . And I don’t even harbor ill feelings towards my brother he’s made his own bed . So I just found it strange that it got flagged and clearly cancelled.

It stated it was going to be looked at by moderator before posting and it was instantly. . There was no hate in it ,it was about my brother and his struggles and then passed to his kids so it made me think it was hard to believe once saved always saved . I get it if I was slander one of you guys or your family . And I don’t even harbor ill feelings towards my brother he’s made his own bed . So I just found it strange that it got flagged and clearly cancelled.
    I have had that message on my first post after joining a couple of other forums (not this one), but about an hour later they posted. I thought it was built into the forum program as a way to make sure new members where legitimate, human, or something. But you had 7 post already (I think).
    If you haven't already, look at the top of the screen when you are scrolled up and see if there is a number beside "Notifications". Then click on it and see what it is or if it says, "No new messages".
    It doesn't sound like something that would not be allowed. If you have visited the "lounge" forum, you can see there is a good bit of tolerance for all manner of topics.
    Frank gave good advice to contact Al. The only way I know to PM him is to find one of his post in the lounge, click on his name, and there is an option to PM him.

8. Member
    “For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,”
    **Hebrews‬ *10‬:*26‬ *ESV‬‬
    https://bible.com/bible/59/heb.10.26.ESV

“For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,”
    I didn't write this, but it covers it nicely-

Many believers are taught that when they sin deliberately, they are committing what Hebrews 10:26 warns against, and that they can expect God’s “judgment, and fiery indignation” (Heb. 10:27). As a result, these believers become sin-conscious—always mindful and worried about their “willful sins,” and God’s judgment to come. When something bad does happen to them (they blow a tire on the road or contract a disease, for example), they immediately attribute it to God’s judgment of their mistakes. Having this fear and perpetual judgment-consciousness is not how God the Father wants us to live.

I submit to you that almost every sin we commit after being saved (the exceptions being sins we commit unconsciously) is committed willfully. So this can’t be what Hebrews 10:26 is talking about, or we should live each day expecting God’s judgment and fiery indignation! What does it mean, then, to “sin willfully”? Is it something that a believer can do? Well, let’s look at the context of Hebrews 10:26 to find out, and resolve this issue in our hearts once and for all:

For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
    —Hebrews 10:26–31

The first thing we need to understand is that the book of Hebrews was written to the Hebrews, or Jewish people (which included believers as well as nonbelievers). Hebrews 10:26, in particular, is addressing Jewish nonbelievers who had heard preaching on Jesus being their Messiah, but who were still going back to the temple to offer animal sacrifices. This was an insult to the Spirit of grace, because they were flatly rejecting the Lord Jesus, Who in His great grace had offered Himself as the perfect and final sacrifice for their sins at Calvary. In addressing these people, the apostle Paul (I believe that he is the writer of the book of Hebrews) compares the imperfect priesthood of the law and its repeated temple sacrifices with the perfect priesthood and once-for-all sacrifice of Christ.

For example, in Hebrews 10:1, you find Paul talking about how the animal sacrifices that the Jews offered continually at the temple could not make them perfect. In contrast Jesus, “after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God. . . . For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified” (Heb. 10:12, 14). Paul goes on to say that because their sins have been remitted through Christ’s one perfect sacrifice, “there is no longer an offering for sin” (Heb. 10:18).

In other words, Paul was telling these Jews that there was no use going back to the temple to offer repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. He was telling them that the Lord Jesus had already become their final sacrifice, putting an end to all temple sacrifices. Can you see how the verses preceding Hebrews 10:26 contrast the imperfect efficacy of the blood of the yearly temple sacrifices to remove sins, and the Lord Jesus’ one perfect sacrifice for sins forever? Paul was showing the Jews what a perfect work our Lord Jesus had accomplished.

I find it astonishing that instead of rejoicing at these faith-assuring Scriptures in Hebrews 10, some believers choose to focus on verses 26 and 27, without understanding the context in which they were written. Clearly, in context, to “sin willfully” is to commit the specific sin of knowing that Jesus is the final sacrifice, and yet choosing not to accept His finished work and turning back to the temple sacrifices. It is not referring to the deliberate sins a believer commits after he or she is saved.

Paul was certainly not addressing genuine believers when he warned about sinning willfully in verse 26. When he writes, “For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,” he is referring to his Jewish brethren who had received “the knowledge of the truth,” but never received this truth (the Lord Jesus and His finished work) into their hearts. They heard the truth about Jesus, but chose not to depend on His perfect offering for their salvation. There is a massive difference between the two.

So Paul was in essence telling these Jews, “When you know the truth and still turn your back on the final sacrifice of Jesus, there remains no more sacrifice for sins.” And in constantly rejecting in their hearts the final sacrifice of Jesus and returning to the offering of animal sacrifices in the temple, they “trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant . . . a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace” (Heb. 10:29).

From the context of Hebrews 10:26, it is clear that this verse is not targeted at believers at all. Genuine believers in Christ cannot commit this sin, simply because they have already believed in Jesus’ sacrifice and put their trust in the Lord’s finished work, and they are certainly not going back to any temple to offer animal sacrifices. The verse does not refer to Christians who are “backsliding” or “going astray”; nor does it refer to Christians who sin in a moment of weakness or temptation.

My friend, don’t let anyone preach this verse out of its context and rob you of your security in Christ today. Just look at how the chapter ends: “But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul” (Heb. 10:39). Paul states clearly that believers are not like those who have rejected the Lord Jesus to their own destruction, but are the ones who have believed and are saved. Read that verse again and truly know this in your heart: as believers, all of us have believed to the saving of our souls for all eternity. Hallelujah!

Does Hebrews 10 have any application today? Yes, Hebrews 10:26 can today be applied to unbelievers who hear the truth of the gospel of grace, and with open eyes turn their backs on our Lord Jesus and the salvation He offers. Just imagine: God offers His salvation and all of His blessings in His hands to someone who, having knowledge of the magnitude of these blessings, slaps His hands away. That is what it means to sin willfully today and insult the Spirit of grace. And for such a person, as long as he keeps rejecting Jesus’ perfect sacrifice and finished work, there no longer remains a sacrifice for his sins. He has rejected the only sacrifice God accepts. In the end this unbeliever will have to face God’s judgment for his rejection of the Lord.
    When it comes to judgment and God's children, the Scriptures do say to establish your heart in the security of your salvation in Christ. Read Jesus own words in John 5:24 for yourself: “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment [krisis], but has passed from death into life.” The same word for “judgment” (krisis) used in Hebrews 10:27 is used here in this Scripture regarding believers.
    It is clear that we believers will never come into krisis judgment! We have passed from death into life. Today you can have full assurance of salvation in Christ your Savior. Amen!

Ben, what do you think of the possibility that the Bible teaches that A Christian could lose their salvation, but it has never and will never happen.

11. Member
    Ok well let me try and post what I did the other day , cause I think u can say what u want about this scripture but I think what I’m going to share is willfully sinning , not your every day Christian walk sinning . So my brother has been an addict for 39 years , has been saved years ago and during that time married , divorced raised 3 kids kinda . And during that time still claimed being a Christian and knows the Bible well and could share on this board as well as any . Well back to the kids he raised one is now homeless and an addict one is in prison for 29 years and the other struggling with addiction. Both parents are and were addicts the mom has now passed . My brother has also pulled many people deeper into addiction to feed his own , so in turn destroying other family’s as well . So do I think he can be forgiven of this as well absolutely . But I think this is willfully sinning . Not you getting angry and saying a curse word or eating to much cake . He has put his addiction between him and god and I feel his situation is probably way different in what ever situation you find yourself in daily . I hold no anger to him anymore god has given me peace . And maybe you have dealt directly with this as well , but I doubt it when you’ve seen this dark side and what real sin causes . But i think this type of generational destruction from sin . No you harboring anger , over eating fill in the blank .

Ben, thanks for sharing that. I have been the one that willfully sinned in similar way as your brother. I was an inner-city youth and hang with some dark (scary) people. I have seen my share of evil (so to speak).
    I was a drug addict (mostly pot but plenty of others) from the age of 15 till 35. I was fortunate not to have a lot of dark side consequences. But I was to a point that if I wasn't high, I didn't want to do anything. I got high when I woke up, after I ate, and before bedtime, all day every day. I had gone to church up to age 13 and had been baptized in water and believed in Jesus. Then stopped going and denied him for 22 years all while willfully sinning. I was also what I would call a functional addict. I never missed work and had a successful career.
    At 35 the Holy Spirit impressed on me (thoughts that were not of myself with an assurance in my mind that it was him) that I was going past a point of no return. He also let me know that it was going to cost me everything. My job, my possessions, my marriage, my health, and finally my life. It wasn't a threat. it was more like a friend sating, "hey your shoe is untied, you are going to trip". This came to mind off and on for the next few weeks and I KNEW it was coming and I didn't want it to more and more as the days past. Then I was in my garage just starting to smoke a joint by myself and I looked at it and said, "Lord I don't want to do this anymore". Instantly, deep in my brain got hot for about 10 seconds and my addiction was gone (to this day 31 years later).
    I had a lot of questions over the next few months and God was gracious to answer. One was, "if I had died during those 22 years of denying him, would I have gone to hell"? He led me to once saved always saved (as I said in post #1 in this thread).

Since that time 31 years ago, I have drawn near and drifted a little away, back and forth, but never denying him (how could I after that). So that's why I believe "once saved always saved". So I can tell you that I believe if your brother was saved. He will be going to heaven.
    Since I posted that video in post #30 of this thread, I have wondered if God was going to let Satan kill my flesh in order to save me from falling away?
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by GPtimes2; 09-21-2024 at 07:46 PM.

13. Member
    Thanks for sharing me and you probably have pretty similar stories. I guess what I’ve seen with my brother and His addictions from crack , bath salts , posh , pain pills driving between Ohio and Florida to feed that habit from pill mills . And eventually end up on heroine and then fentanyl. God has given him plenty of chances, high and drunk hit a car head on while one a motorcycle estimated speeds around 100 . Hit a 4 foot in diameter tree while falling asleep at the wheel . OD on fentanyl while driving and hit a telephone pole . I’m sure I’m missing plenty of other things . He’ll pay for his sin here for sure if he continues to live cancer copd what ever other health conditions. But what I’ve saw it do to my nieces and nephew . It hurled them down a path that they had no control over . My niece is homeless probably hundred miles from any family member but she doesn’t care . She’s so deep into addiction, heroine fentanyl she really doesn’t know reality. And to be a homeless woman I can’t imagine. And nephew wrapped up into the drug scene as a teenager and got into trouble ended up spending a few years in prison. Then got out back onto drugs armed robbery got him 29 years . And my other niece wrapped up in to addiction as well . I admire your faithfulness and dedication to the lord and respect it as well even tho I don’t know you . But how I’ve watched my brother not only single handily destroy his life and how he didn’t raise his children up the way he should’ve, destroyed his children’s lives . And the countless people he’s pulled down with him . I’m sorry but I read the Bible daily and no where in there would I find gods grace on him . The Bible gives us to many warnings to the church’s in the Bible about this kinda stuff . It’s written to church’s not non believers. I don’t believe you are saved by just quoting a verse. It’s true faith in who he is and you will change . Just like you did , I did the same and when I did my life changed . No longer the old man but a new creature not perfect but striving to be like Jesus. I guess we’ll just agree to disagree in the end .

Thanks for sharing me and you probably have pretty similar stories. I guess what I’ve seen with my brother and His addictions from crack , bath salts , posh , pain pills driving between Ohio and Florida to feed that habit from pill mills . And eventually end up on heroine and then fentanyl. God has given him plenty of chances, high and drunk hit a car head on while one a motorcycle estimated speeds around 100 . Hit a 4 foot in diameter tree while falling asleep at the wheel . OD on fentanyl while driving and hit a telephone pole . I’m sure I’m missing plenty of other things . He’ll pay for his sin here for sure if he continues to live cancer copd what ever other health conditions. But what I’ve saw it do to my nieces and nephew . It hurled them down a path that they had no control over . My niece is homeless probably hundred miles from any family member but she doesn’t care . She’s so deep into addiction, heroine fentanyl she really doesn’t know reality. And to be a homeless woman I can’t imagine. And nephew wrapped up into the drug scene as a teenager and got into trouble ended up spending a few years in prison. Then got out back onto drugs armed robbery got him 29 years . And my other niece wrapped up in to addiction as well . I admire your faithfulness and dedication to the lord and respect it as well even tho I don’t know you . But how I’ve watched my brother not only single handily destroy his life and how he didn’t raise his children up the way he should’ve, destroyed his children’s lives . And the countless people he’s pulled down with him . I’m sorry but I read the Bible daily and no where in there would I find gods grace on him . The Bible gives us to many warnings to the church’s in the Bible about this kinda stuff . It’s written to church’s not non believers. I don’t believe you are saved by just quoting a verse. It’s true faith in who he is and you will change . Just like you did , I did the same and when I did my life changed . No longer the old man but a new creature not perfect but striving to be like Jesus. I guess we’ll just agree to disagree in the end .
    You are absolutely right that it is more than saying some words to be saved (so to speak). My spirit aches for your family. I look forward to living without all these bad things. What a time that will be. Hopefully, they will be there also. I hope everyone reading this will pray for them. And it is fine that we disagree on a lot of issues like this because we agree that Jesus is the savior that is important.

15. Member
    This is what God says about wickedness and the wicked in Ezekiel 33 after received a warning acknowledging that which he is doing is wickedness.

9 Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
    14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
    15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
    16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
    17 Yet the children of the people say, The way of the Lord is not equal:

When one speaks the phrase...."losing one's salvation", the only thing that comes to mind is the reading found in the gospel. That is, (paraphrasing)...the one sin that cannot be forgiven in heaven or on earth, that is, not believing in the Holy Spirit.

That in and of itself will cause one to lose their salvation.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter106 View Post
    When one speaks the phrase...."losing one's salvation", the only thing that comes to mind is the reading found in the gospel. That is, (paraphrasing)...the one sin that cannot be forgiven in heaven or on earth, that is, not believing in the Holy Spirit.

That in and of itself will cause one to lose their salvation.
    Actually that person was never saved to begin with as Salvation is dependent upon believing in the Holy Spirit, God, Jesus. Therefore he/she could not lose something they never had.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Actually that person was never saved to begin with as Salvation is dependent upon believing in the Holy Spirit, God, Jesus. Therefore he/she could not lose something they never had.
    Actually that person had to develop that line of thinking. We are all given the freedom to choose. Some choose wisely and other don't.
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

19. Member
    I’ve been following this thread for a while. I am curious what you all make of Matthew 25: 31-46….

I believe Jesus is our Savior and all salvation comes from His ultimate sacrifice. And it seems we all believe that we have some role in that salvation as well. Some think we have to accept Jesus as our Savior. Others think we have to accept Jesus and live a life that shows that love - and some may believe that and that we must repent when we fail.

I believe that God freely gives us His grace, and he has given us free will to cooperate with that grace. No one could accept Jesus without being prompted by Grace. No one could live a life in Christ without grace. No one could be moved to reconciliation without grace.

here is a summary of the Catholic opinion from Catholic.com:

The Church understands that we are all sinners in need of a savior (Rom 5:12-21). We are inheritors of original sin and all its consequences, and by actual sin we distance ourselves from God. We can’t save ourselves, but we don’t need to: Jesus Christ has paid the price for our sins. The Catholic Church teaches that salvation comes through Jesus alone (Acts 4:12), since he is the “one mediator between God and man” (1 Tm 2:5-6).

The saving grace won by Jesus is offered as a free gift to us, accessible through repentance, faith, and baptism. We turn away from our sins, we are sorry for them, and we believe in Jesus Christ and the gospel. Repentance shows our willingness to turn from things that keep us from God, and baptism renews us, filling us with the grace necessary to have faith and to live it. This belief is more than just “head knowledge.” Even the demons have that (Jas 2:19). It’s more than just believing you’re saved. Even the Pharisees had that (Jn 5:39). True, saving faith is one lived and exhibited daily: It is “faith working through love” (Gal 5:6, cf. Jas 2:1-26).
    Sometimes the Church is accused of teaching “salvation by works,” but this is an empty accusation. This idea has been consistently condemned by the Church. Good works are required by God because he requires obedience to his commands (Mt 6:1-21, 1 Cor 3:8, 13-15) and promises to reward us with eternal life if we obey (Mt 25:34-40, Rom 2:6-7, Gal 6:6-10, Jas 1:12). But even our obedience is impossible without God’s grace; even our good works are God’s gift (Rom 5:5, Phil 2:13). This is the real biblical plan of salvation.

20. Member
    We are not saved by good works but unto good works as a result of the Salvation.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast