Best fuel line ?

Planning on replacing all the fuel lines from my tanks to the motor this winter. What is the the best to replace with and where to buy?

A1 rated fuel line is the best non ethanol line available.

3. Member
    As Bass Cat Boats recommended- A-1. You can buy off the internet. Just be careful, some sites only sell by the roll. I think it was Great Lakes Skipper that I bought from. They sold by the foot.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Why not use a line that is ethanal resistant as well ?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    Why not use a line that is ethanal resistant as well ?
    Exactly

6. Member
    A-1 is ethanol resistant.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    do you sell this on line at basscat parts ?

They have either A1 or A1-15 hose in parts.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredmechanic View Post
    No... A1-15 is ethanol resistant.

All boats built January 1, 2011 and later should be equipped with A1-15 (and possibly B1-15) lines. Good idea to research this specific to your engine BRAND and TYPE, followed by your boat make/model (in that order).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

A-1 is ethanol resistant, the new standard has A1-15, which is the permeability of the hose.

Quote Originally Posted by retiredmechanic View Post

11. Member
    Well, for what's it worth... I just got my boat out of the shop this week. One of the issues they found was the inner liner of the fuel line was separating. I saw the fuel line and verified. The fuel line was 3 years old to begin with and I use only NON-E fuel 100% of the time with the Mercury additive cocktail. So just FYI, I assume my Mercury shop (best in town) uses the good fuel lines (grey) so I don't know.....

This is what I use

and...

1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I seem to recall the A1 standard actually having more to do with the standards of wall rigidity and how much fuel can be expelled from the line under a certain cut, force or slice condition.

We've been using A1-15 and B1-15 for well over a decade. Doesn't make them "alcohol proof", however.

If you're having deterioration problems with B1-15 line that early, it's likely that either it wasn't installed properly, OR it was exposed to fuel exceeding the specification (example: I've tested fuel from a "No Ethanol" pump that was over 28% alcohol content).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

From Boats.com A1-15:

2012 EPA fuel distribution hose that now requires a permeation rating maximum of 15 g/mē/24hrs (15 grams per square meter in 24 hours). This is the new maximum for what is designated “A1-15” hose.

Several things about this designator are important. First, any fuel hose with an “A” designator is fire-rated based on USCG requirements and specifications. It is the only rating allowable for fuel hose used in gasoline engine room spaces. In terms of the permeation specification, the new EPA required 1-15 designators are required for fuel distribution hoses. The assumption here is that these hoses are constantly filled with fuel and therefore we need to have a much lower permeation rate to keep fuel vapor leakage into the atmosphere at an absolute minimum. “A2” labeled hose is also USCG fire-rated but has a much higher permeation rate specification of 300 g/mē/24 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    I seem to recall the A1 standard actually having more to do with the standards of wall rigidity and how much fuel can be expelled from the line under a certain cut, force or slice condition.

We've been using A1-15 and B1-15 for well over a decade. Doesn't make them "alcohol proof", however.

If you're having deterioration problems with B1-15 line that early, it's likely that either it wasn't installed properly, OR it was exposed to fuel exceeding the specification (example: I've tested fuel from a "No Ethanol" pump that was over 28% alcohol content).