Lake Norman in September

Hey everyone, heading to mid lake area of lake Norman this next week. Just wondering if anyone has any tips. I know September can be a little tough. I’ll be taking my dad and hoping to get him on a few fish. Ive only fished there a couple times and know it can be a little tough. Usually it’s pretty clear and a spotted bass lake I believe. And I’ll be fishing mainly in morning and then late evening. Thank you

2. Member
    Hi Clemsondds
    I just got back from Norman .
    I fish out of Stumpy creek area.
    The spots were going crazy out in the deeper water busting bait , I caught 10 up to 2 pounds and probably could have doubled that.
    I was perch and catfishing . And when one would bust bait i would toss top water plug 3" long and they would nail it.
    Probably like that all over the lake.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishingnightmare View Post
    Hi Clemsondds
    I just got back from Norman .
    I fish out of Stumpy creek area.
    The spots were going crazy out in the deeper water busting bait , I caught 10 up to 2 pounds and probably could have doubled that.
    I was perch and catfishing . And when one would bust bait i would toss top water plug 3" long and they would nail it.
    Probably like that all over the lake.
    I don't know how I missed this till just now ha. Appreciate the feedback. Yeh, found pretty much the same thing mid lake. Mostly found them back of creeks near points. Thanks again

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clemsondds View Post
    I don't know how I missed this till just now ha. Appreciate the feedback. Yeh, found pretty much the same thing mid lake. Mostly found them back of creeks near points. Thanks again
    Glad to hear you caught some fish!