Networking Issues with console and Bow units

I have one helix 9 msi console unit and two helix bow units for 360 and ML. For some reason, my console unit keeps dropping 360 and ML in the network tab, where 360 and ML are grayed out even with the check marked box. All units and transducers are connected to via 5 port ethernet. There are times where I have to turn all units and designated power switch off/on a few times in order to get console unite connected. But it will drop as soon as I turn on motor and move to a different spot on the lake.
    Please let me know if you know any options I could try to resolve this issue. Thank you

2. Member
    For Starters go to the Humminbird site and click on support then looking for NETWORKING DIAGRAMS click on this an scroll down till you find the right diagram you need and follow it making sure all your wires are run correct and from there is a starter hope it helps you out one wire not hooked up right throws it all off

If "But it will drop as soon as I turn on motor" means starting the outboard, then you have power issues. Either an inadequate battery, poor connections, inadequate wiring, or all of those.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/Advanced, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    If "But it will drop as soon as I turn on motor" means starting the outboard, then you have power issues. Either an inadequate battery, poor connections, inadequate wiring, or all of those.
    Let me phrase that again. Once I stow 360 and ML and move to a new spot, when I deploy 360 and ML again then I will lose 360 and ML network at the console only.

Quote Originally Posted by ayang View Post
    Let me phrase that again. Once I stow 360 and ML and move to a new spot, when I deploy 360 and ML again then I will lose 360 and ML network at the console only.
    Neither the MEGA 360 nor MEGA LIVE is turned off when you stow the trolling motor, their processors are still powered. Only the sonar pinging is disabled via the wet switches. The only indication you should get is the out-of-the-water message.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Neither the MEGA 360 nor MEGA LIVE is turned off when you stow the trolling motor, their processors are still powered. Only the sonar pinging is disabled via the wet switches. The only indication you should get is the out-of-the-water message.
    Yes, you are correct, when working fine, I get the "Out-of-water" message, but on ocassion, console unit does not see 360/ML even though they are all connected to the port. Could it possibly be the port?

Quote Originally Posted by ayang View Post
    Yes, you are correct, when working fine, I get the "Out-of-water" message, but on ocassion, console unit does not see 360/ML even though they are all connected to the port. Could it possibly be the port?
    Could be the Ethernet Switch or Ethernet cable to the console unit, or power issues.

Swap Ethernet cables around as well as Ethernet ports on the Switch.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL