Thread: Ranger rt

Ranger rt

Gonna buy new hummingbird for bow of boat the unit I have now is connected to a block underneath trolling motor recess. Does anyone know how many amps are at that point ?
    It’s a mega di unit draws 2.4 amps ?

I would check at the fuse panel for allowed amps, via the fuse.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

3. Member
    Thanks

4. Member
    I skipped using their tiny wire and used this setup. It’s easy to run

https://thebasstank.com/products/the...-power-harness
    2022 Ranger RT188, Mercury 115 Pro XS CT 2.38, 21p Tempest Plus

5. Member
    If your fuse block is underneath your trolling motor basin, I would move it to somewhere more accessible - coming from experience. That's how my dealer installed mine and you guessed it, about the 3rd trip I blew a fuse on my MEGA 360 and had to completely remove the trolling motor tray to get to the fuse block. I ended up re-wiring everything and moved the fuse block to the compartment in front of my cooler. Of course I haven't had the need to access it since, but it's there when I need it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelkris76 View Post
    If your fuse block is underneath your trolling motor basin, I would move it to somewhere more accessible - coming from experience. That's how my dealer installed mine and you guessed it, about the 3rd trip I blew a fuse on my MEGA 360 and had to completely remove the trolling motor tray to get to the fuse block. I ended up re-wiring everything and moved the fuse block to the compartment in front of my cooler. Of course I haven't had the need to access it since, but it's there when I need it.
    It’s not a fuse block it’s basically a bus bar with positive negative on a piece of wood.

7. Member
    Has anybody replaced that bus bar? I am having issues with my graphs glitching out every time I start the motor and I believe that bar has gone bad. I can't seem to find a bar like that one anywhere and am curious if there is another option out there without having to rewire everything.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishFryKY View Post
    Has anybody replaced that bus bar? I am having issues with my graphs glitching out every time I start the motor and I believe that bar has gone bad. I can't seem to find a bar like that one anywhere and am curious if there is another option out there without having to rewire everything.
    my guess is, it's the small wire running to thar bar causing the glitches when starting the motor and not the bus bar..

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin74 View Post
    my guess is, it's the small wire running to thar bar causing the glitches when starting the motor and not the bus bar..
    Yep; the wiring running up front needs to be replaced or run a dedicated harness up to the front.

10. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin74 View Post
    If you go ahead and do it right now you won't have to worry about it much if any later.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.