Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Polar Kraft - Owner Experience Since Closing in 2024

I know that polar kraft is no longer making boats, but I have an opportunity to buy a 2023 boat with a layout and design I have been looking for in a new boat with a really really competitive price with a great motor configuration.

Anyone on the forum that has had an opportunity to need to use the polar kraft warranty and or seek polar Kraft service on their polar kraft boat the past 3 years that can provide real life feedback on their experience?

Anything else that polar Kraft owners would want to share with respect to their experience owning One of these boats? This is a Deep V big water boat that I'll be using primarily to fish out of on big water.

2. Member
    I own since new a 2015 Frontier 179WT and it has served me well on Erie and Ontario without any problems for the last 9 seasons. Fit finish and everything else has been textbook in my eyes and it has taken a Great Lakes beating more times than I want to admit.
    Three of my buddies also run Polar Kraft boats and i haven’t heard them having issues either.

However i have heard guys on Facebook complaining about various issues with their boats that were built after 2020 (Covid).

Double check any boat prior to purchase.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    I own since new a 2015 Frontier 179WT and it has served me well on Erie and Ontario without any problems for the last 9 seasons. Fit finish and everything else has been textbook in my eyes and it has taken a Great Lakes beating more times than I want to admit.
    Three of my buddies also run Polar Kraft boats and i haven’t heard them having issues either.

However i have heard guys on Facebook complaining about various issues with their boats that were built after 2020 (Covid).

Double check any boat prior to purchase.
    That seems to be a common theme among all boat makers post covid. appreciate the feedback.

4. Member
    A friend of mine bought a very nice PK boat last fall, a tiller model. I have been in it and it is a very nice rig. Apparently Apex Marine, out of Michigan, honours the PK warranyy for now. They are a company that builds pontoon boats. Personally, I would be very reluctant to buy one simply because Apex could decide at any time at all not to honour warranty.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    No warranty, no purchase.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    A friend of mine bought a very nice PK boat last fall, a tiller model. I have been in it and it is a very nice rig. Apparently Apex Marine, out of Michigan, honours the PK warranyy for now. They are a company that builds pontoon boats. Personally, I would be very reluctant to buy one simply because Apex could decide at any time at all not to honour warranty.
    That is the hard part, APEX is not communicating with customers, only dealers. That means they can pull it/end it whenever, so yeah, that is the challenge with the purchase. It looks like a GREAT boat, with a GREAT layout, but the post covid complaints lobbied at boat builders really requires an active/solid warranty program or a buyer could be 100% screwed....

7. Member
    I think that you would be better off finding a different brand. Even though you would have to sacrifice the design that you really like in the Polar Kraft, you don’t want to have warranty headaches if an issue should arise. There are other good aluminum brands and you may be able to find a leftover 2024. Although my new Lund is not the ideal design for me, I chose a brand that I know would stand by their product if issues arose. I would also imagilne that the remaining PK dealers would mainly be interested in selling their remaining inventory, and they themselves may not prioritize a future warranty claim from an existing PK customer.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

8. Member
    If you look online there are MANY Polar Kraft boats for sale just like other brands. Find a pre-Covid boat in fine condition and but it.

574-457-2082 see if anyone answers and ask them.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    574-457-2082 see if anyone answers and ask them.
    It's disconnected, no longer in service. ��. I think that is my answer.

11. Member
    Haven't used the warranty on mine, but have heard some of the complaints on facebook. I like mine only issue is alot of things are attached with screws an I have to keep tightening them
    Jeremy From Indy
    2019 PolarKraft TX 195 Pro
    2019 Suzuki 200SS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishjn69 View Post
    Haven't used the warranty on mine, but have heard some of the complaints on facebook. I like mine only issue is alot of things are attached with screws an I have to keep tightening them
    I just couldn't get comfortable with the lack of clarity and regional support for Polarkraft and moved in a different direction. Just too many uncertainties / unknowns.... Too bad, such a great price on a GREAT boat....

13. Member
    Buy a used one... probably at a great price....and pocket the leftover money in case something comes up ----that's what I would do. You should be able to get a real steal on one with what has happened. Probably will not have a problem. I would go this route.

Get a boat with a warranty on the motor for sure.... I would not worry a lot about the boat.... in the unlikely event there is some problem, get someone locally to fix it. Save the money.

They make/made a good reliable boat... find you a 2022 or so with a motor under warranty and steal it at a bargain price..
    Last edited by FloridaFlyer; 09-09-2024 at 05:29 PM.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishjn69 View Post
    Just apply some Blue LockTight on the screws that become loose. Problem solved.

Take it out and put it through its paces. If all goes well and the boat is what you want at a good deal, buy it. I've never bought a new boat and never bought a used one that had a warranty but have never had any major issues. You could have the motor checked out if will give you peace of mind.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    Take it out and put it through its paces. If all goes well and the boat is what you want at a good deal, buy it. I've never bought a new boat and never bought a used one that had a warranty but have never had any major issues. You could have the motor checked out if will give you peace of mind.
    Boat is 25 hours way. So it makes what seems simple not so simple. And not all warranty issues show up in a sea trial. Especially post covid boat builds. I'd actually feel better if it were a used boat so I would know all "kinks" were worked out. I've pivoted so it's a moot point at this time.

17. Member
    Just get a Crestliner. Major company that has replaced hulls when needed. Lifetime warranty for original owners (I think that still true)

18. Member
    I'm looking at an Alumacraft and Crestliner

Quote Originally Posted by MainelySmallmouth View Post
    Boat is 25 hours way. So it makes what seems simple not so simple. And not all warranty issues show up in a sea trial. Especially post covid boat builds. I'd actually feel better if it were a used boat so I would know all "kinks" were worked out. I've pivoted so it's a moot point at this time.
    25 hours away would certainly put a kink in things. I hope you find a great boat.

20. Member
    I have both a Alumacraft and Crestliner.

Pro 175 and a VT18

Crestliner has a wider chime width is more stable, with a 115 Mercury, it is a great fishing platform.

The Alumacraft Pro 185 would be more equivalent to the VT18. Would have to buy used Alumacraft as they no longer make welded bass boat as being discussed.

Haven't had an issues with either boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast