Woods Question. Still trying to fill out the bag

I am still trying to get my bag filled properly club wise.
    I have bought all of my stuff second hand used but through Callaway Pre Owned website so they are quality clubs.

My question now is on Woods.
    Right now my long sticks are as follows.

All Regular Flex
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway 4H Big Bertha OS Hybrid Loft is 22
    Callaway 5H Big Bertha OS Hybrid Loft is 25.

My Irons are 4-PW&SW and are a Uniflex. Bought them cause they were cheap.
    But am considering trading them in for a regular flex set in 5-PW & SW

My driver is kind of spotty as far as distance. according to my stats I have done my best to keep track of i average about 220 with the driver off the tee. Best was 265 but that was in CO at elevation.
    My 4H i hit somewhere in the 180-190 range the best I can tell. Our Local course diving range dosent have the best distance markers.

In lookin at Woods it looks like a 3W is about 15 degree and a 5W is around a 18 degree.
    Would I be better with both a 3W and a 5W? and take out the 5H?

I normally hit the Hybrids really well and very straight for the majority, so it makes it pretty hard for me to take them out of the bag.

In the past when I played I did not hit Woods well at all. But at the same time I never hit a driver very well at that time either and now I am pretty consistent with hitting it straight. I don't carry the ball a long way but i normally can hit pretty straight which I would rather have over very long.

So looking for some opinions

2. Member
    I would not bother with a 3 w. Hardest club to hit IMO. Look into a 7w or 9w. I ditched the 3w and got a 7w and have not looked back.

3. Member
    I have been very backwards when it comes to woods. I love me a 3w and a 5w. I can hit both very well. I can hit a 3 iron and 4 iron pretty damn well. I try to hit a hybrid and I have the biggest mental block. I am not consistent with one at all. So I stick with the 3w and 5w. I can achieve pretty much close to the same distance with a 3i and 7w, but thats a great recommendation as most like to hit woods or hybrids over long irons.

I treat my woods like my driver. I want as forgiving and easy to hit as possible. End of the day, the 3w doubles as a shorter driver and gives me about 265 of carry. 5w is roughly 240 carry. I took the 3i out of the bag for a wedge, but I am hitting my 4i approx 210-215, so I have about a 30 yard gap between woods and irons. Other than a few par 3's around here, I can live with this gap.

Based on your yardages, probably wouldnt change too much. Here is why i say that. You're hitting your driver 220-240. You're hitting your next club down 180-190. We are talking about a 30-40 yard gap. lets say you put a 5w in the bag and get rid of your 4H. Maybe you close the gap a little and now you're hitting a wood 200-210. All you did was close the gap between driver and next club. I would much rather not have gaps in my scoring yardages (200 yards in). Anything over 200, I don't really consider scoring clubs. Even though I am hittng my 4i 205-210, I am still not necessarily expecting to hit it within 20 feet when I pull that club out of the bag. i am usually just trying to hit center green or work it up the course, if that makes sense? So if I was in your shoes, and I hit the hybrids well, then I wouldnt change a thing. Just my .02 though and my .02 is worth about absolutely nothing, but this would be my mindset for your clubs and yardages.

4. Member
    I say put em all in the bag and figure it out from there.
    Some courses may require different clubs.
    Some seasons change the courses.
    Different clubs for different conditions.
    14 Club rule doesn't apply in most club style tournaments that are not your own ball.
    If you play one, figure out the course yardages and what clubs you might need the most.

5. Member
    When you want some new irons, look into Sub70. Priced right and are quality. Custom built the way u want them too. My brother has a set and they are sweet.