Pleasant Creek Lake

I know this is really short notice, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask and see if anyone happens to chime in today. Have any of you fished Pleasant Creek Lake near Palo recently? My buddy and I used to fish it a couple times a year, but haven't been there in probably 15+ years. My wife's family usually camps over by Lansing on Pool 9 of the Mississippi River on the 4th, but because of the flooding we aren't going there. Instead we are going to camp at Pleasant Creek. I know they drained and renovated it back around 2015. Just wondering if the bass fishing is good or not. Any input is appreciated.

2. Member
    I’ve got a brother in law that lives in CR. According to him it hasn’t been worth a shit in years. He was just out there a week or two ago and actually did catch one over 4# but the fish looked pretty rough. He said everything else he caught was small. Like you, I also use to fish that place a few times a year. I bet it’s been 15 years for me also

3. Member
    Tyler, that's not the report I was hoping for, but can't say as I'm surprised since I haven't heard ANYONE talk about that place in many, many years. Back when I did fish it, it seemed to get a lot of fishing pressure, so I wonder if that's still the case and what makes it tough fishing? I did watch a YouTube video that someone made with a drone back when they were renovating it and it sure looked like it would turn out to be good with all of the cover and structure they added. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and hook into a big musky while I'm there (assuming those are still present in the lake).

4. Member
    Well Tyler, you were right. There’s a WHOLE lot more cover to fish than there used to be, which is nice. But the bass fishing leaves a lot to be desired. Caught probably a dozen or so, but the biggest was only about 12-13 inches. Did catch a 38 inch Muskie, so that was cool. It’s a nice lake but I think it gets a lot of pressure.

5. Member
    Well at least you caught some. Too bad that the lake hasn’t been fishing well